MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ Red5 and seeco,

Thank you both for the clarification. I rarely have time to tinker with or look at the system now. From the top of my head, I thought the judders were visible in the red lines (shift 1) as well, but Im not 100% sure. Can I conclude IF the judders are present in the source, I woulndt see a jump in the red line? If so, I will look for this with more attention.
If I see the judder and the redline is stable, I guess the source is the problem. (am I right?)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I use SAF 5 unlock, with MePo Audio Renderer and ffdshow as Audio Codec (no passthrough of course).
I have 2 questions about the synergy between MePo audio renderer and:
1. The "Dynamic refresh rate" of the MePo configuration, I use it to automatically adjust my screen refresh to the video. Is it ok to use it with MePo renderer?
2. The video codec to use. Currently I use ffdshow video for SD video and PDVD10 for HD video and TV SD+HD. Can we use the video codec we want with MePo renderer? Or is there one that is preferred?
Thanks in advance.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @ Red5 and seeco,

Thank you both for the clarification. I rarely have time to tinker with or look at the system now. From the top of my head, I thought the judders were visible in the red lines (shift 1) as well, but Im not 100% sure. Can I conclude IF the judders are present in the source, I woulndt see a jump in the red line? If so, I will look for this with more attention.
    If I see the judder and the redline is stable, I guess the source is the problem. (am I right?)

The best way to be sure it's open the source with player such as MPC-HC and check the footage frame by frame .
    Anyway most Abc releases have that issue. Another good solution to test with better reliability it's using a web-DL mkv release.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @ red5: Thanks for the confirmation! I have already made a habit of avoiding those encodes, favouring web-dl releases instead. My girlfriend seems to be immune to stuttering, she never sees it while I become furious over every little hick-up :D

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hello,
    I use SAF 5 unlock, with MePo Audio Renderer and ffdshow as Audio Codec (no passthrough of course).
    I have 2 questions about the synergy between MePo audio renderer and:
    1. The "Dynamic refresh rate" of the MePo configuration, I use it to automatically adjust my screen refresh to the video. Is it ok to use it with MePo renderer?
    Using the dynamic refresh rate functionality in conjuction with the audio renderer will give you the best possible quality of output, providing your TV supports the required refrsh rates.
    2. The video codec to use. Currently I use ffdshow video for SD video and PDVD10 for HD video and TV SD+HD. Can we use the video codec we want with MePo renderer? Or is there one that is preferred?
    Thanks in advance.
    There is no restriction on Video Codec, although it may be better not to use the renderer for TV if your TV refresh rate is faster than the rate from your TV provider i.e. if your TV refresh rate is just over 50Hz and the TV is PAL then the renderer will try to show the TV programme faster than it is available.

hans.kazan

April 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hans, if i look very quickly i see on the screenshots that your display refreshrate is set to 24hz, if i'm correct nothing is speedup then. I don't see why you need this speedup if your display can do 24hz.
    Please make sure that the audio output settings are correct for ffdshow and screen refreshrate set to 25hz/50hz. Precise audio settings somewhere in this thread.

The display can handle 24 Hz but the movie is 23,97 fps. If I set the screen to 25 Hz it is indeed more obvious that the renderer does not speed up the movie.
    Do you mean that although the renderer is in the graph it still might not work because of the audio settings?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hans, if i look very quickly i see on the screenshots that your display refreshrate is set to 24hz, if i'm correct nothing is speedup then. I don't see why you need this speedup if your display can do 24hz.
    Please make sure that the audio output settings are correct for ffdshow and screen refreshrate set to 25hz/50hz. Precise audio settings somewhere in this thread.

The display can handle 24 Hz but the movie is 23,97 fps. If I set the screen to 25 Hz it is indeed more obvious that the renderer does not speed up the movie.
    Do you mean that although the renderer is in the graph it still might not work because of the audio settings?

Hans, with 24Hz it will not speed up. With 25/50hz it should speed up. If it does not speed up make sure you did not selected pass through in audio settings of ffdshow and make sure you installed and registered the binaries correctly.

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    hans.kazan,

It should speed up 23.97 material on both 24Hz and 25Hz displays, could you provide logs when this (doesn't) happen?

cheers

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, sorry Davidf, i thought 24hz was not speed up.

Myself i have an issue with the encoding for multichannel audio through SPDIF and HDMI (tried both).
    I see mpaudiorenderer is used and working great by the way for video, but i cannot get DD and DTS to work. Only 2 channel audio is seen on the receiver.
    Tried multiple versions of SAF 5.00. ac3encode is set to 1 in registry. It still does not work.

Complete logs from DTS and DD source attached.

=====================
    Fixed it myself :(
    Had to disable the mixer in de ffdshow audio settings. Decoding to stereo was the setting :(
    For the people with stuttering DTS audio, under ffdshow codecs DTS set it to libdts.

Everything is working fine now. Thanks Tourettes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom