MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (1 Viewer)

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Concerning my DVD Problem:

I have found out, that these soundproblems only occur if I use "PowerDVD DVD-Navigator (10)".
    If I use the "normal" Navigator the sound is fine and ffdshow regognizes the correct stream format... strange

OT:
    Can somebody tell me, why (again) working Menus in DVDs with DXVA are broken?! *grml* ^^

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

I have found out, that these soundproblems only occur if I use "PowerDVD DVD-Navigator (10)".

I have very bad experience with PDVD navigator, some DVDs play double speed, no sound, etc ...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I have very bad experience with PDVD navigator, some DVDs play double speed, no sound, etc ...

PDVD behaves weird in some cases when used outside the PowerDVD application (I guess it is not 100% compatible the MS DVD navigators behavior). Odd behavior includes:

• LPCM audio track playing at 2x speed (Nirvana - With the Lights Out DVD)
    • DVD drive constantly seeking "randomly" and making lot of noise - MS DVD navigator hasn't ever done this (PowerDVD itself does the same on those same DVDs)

Getting offtopic for the thread... but about the DXVA and DVD menus - you need always match the MPEG2 decoder and DVD navigator (MS codec + MS Nvigator for example). Some people report issues with even the matching filters - but I havent seen such with huge amout of tested DVDs (also it is really small minority who report the issue to be present).

But for the DVD navigator issue - those should be discussed in separate thread, especially since Cyberlink wont even provide a thing like DVD navigator as a separate release I wont go any deeper into the possible issues with the Cyberlink's navigator and audio renderer (just not enough resources for such...). Also my personal experience from that navigator is not that great :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Few words about the A/V sync drifting issue, looks like it might be finally fixed - big thanks for Davidf for great amount of help he has been providing with the drift correction algorithms (he is responsible for the majority of the code - so please remember to push the thanks button on Davidf's next post :)).

New release is currently in internal testing... looks promising...

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Thx for your explanations. :)

With MS Dekoder + MS Codec: Menu is not working and DXVA is not used.
    With MS Decoder + "Cyberlink PDVD10/SP" Codec: Menu works, but no DXVA.
    With "Cyberlink PDVD10" Codec DXVA is active, but Menu is not working.

If I find time I will investigate that further. Something must be messed up in my system I think....
    Because with MS Codec in TV Mode DXVA is also broken... strange

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

If I find time I will investigate that further. Something must be messed up in my system I think....

Is not there any thread about DVD + DXVA + navigation ? I want to write something about hat, but it is offtopic here...

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Is not there any thread about DVD + DXVA + navigation ? I want to write something about hat, but it is offtopic here...

sometimes my tv is really slow and loses frames a lot..i couldnt fiure it out until i switched my theme to a non Aero one then back to an Aero theme..then all is good...i dont know exactly why it does it but it may help if u try that

oops ..i see u ur using win xp ..nvm

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

better with version 15. The multplier is very much closed to value 1 but It's still erratic.
    Anyway the audio delay less than before but delay.
    log attached

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

better with version 15. The multplier is very much closed to value 1 but It's still erratic.
    Anyway the audio delay less than before but delay.

Audio delay itself was not changed in any way, only the drifting piling up during a long timespan is affected.

How about the juddering with the HW based clock enabled? Is it still happening with Xonar? The stability for the multiplier comes from the fact that now the audio HW clock is not directly used for it, but instead it has some calculations inbetween so those are smoothing out the abnormalities that drivers / HW would be providing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom