MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (5 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Still getting a lot of stutters on Live TV (SD & HD), playback of recorded programs is ok tho. I'm using PDVD 10 Coded with the latest MP Audio Renderer. I've attached a pic of the Shift=1 graph which shows the red line going bonkers when it stutters...

"Still" <-- does that mean the default directshow audio renderer gives the same results? If yes then there must be some more general level of issue (like PC clock running too fast for example). Does it help for those stutters if you pause the stream for 30 seconds and the let the live tv run?

Any ideas what else I can look into to solve this problem?

EVR / audiorenderer logs could reveal something, but probably they aren't helping.

What do the lines on the graph represent, which may help to narrow down my problem?

They directly cannot be used to tell what is wrong so there is no quideline what to do when some of those lines is not straight. But based on the look of the lines I would say that either something is hogging the CPU (bad WLAN driver for example) or playback is running "too fast" so there is no audio/video data to be rendered.

If this issue happens with the default renderer as well, please open a separate thread since it is not only related to the MP audio renderer.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Still getting a lot of stutters on Live TV (SD & HD), playback of recorded programs is ok tho. I'm using PDVD 10 Coded with the latest MP Audio Renderer. I've attached a pic of the Shift=1 graph which shows the red line going bonkers when it stutters...

tvstutter.jpg

Any ideas what else I can look into to solve this problem?

What do the lines on the graph represent, which may help to narrow down my problem?

Thanks guys.

its displaying at 50hz..do u live in australia like me and have 50hz display and content ?

if not u may want to look up the "automatic refresh rate changer" in "General" in the setup app and switch that good stuff on

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Over the weekend I have done a complete rebuild of my HTPC - even to the point of formatting the drive and reinstalling Windows 7.

Everything seems perfect now from a video point of view using this renderer. I understand from the first post that it is not possible to use bitstreaming now, but what settings should I have for audio?

I am using a Xonar DS over S/PDIF out to a Sony BDV-E370 and I have FFDShow set as my audio codec.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

That doesn't look good at all. Audio HW's clock jumps constantly backwards and that causes the A/V sync drifting code to reset all the time -> A/V sync drifting would be happening since it cannot be corrected.

Just hoping that ASUS engineers haven't get paid for writing such code... I guess it is again a time for some not so nice workaround since we cannot rely on the audio clock at all.

I know that but I'll keep post you about Asus behaviour anyway. :D

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I was just testing this out and it seems to work except for one small problem. When sending 2.1 audio to the AC3 encoder, the right channel will be treated as the center channel. So instead of L, R and SW channels I get L, C and R with no sound from right, don't know why. With reclock's AC3 encoder I get the audio correctly (L,R,SW).

6CH audio works fine with MP Audio renderer too.
    2.1 is treated as 3.0
    3.1 is treated as 4.0 and some formats even crash MP.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I was just testing this out and it seems to work except for one small problem. When sending 2.1 audio to the AC3 encoder, the right channel will be treated as the center channel. So instead of L, R and SW channels I get L, C and R with no sound from right, don't know why. With reclock's AC3 encoder I get the audio correctly (L,R,SW).

6CH audio works fine with MP Audio renderer too.
    2.1 is treated as 3.0
    3.1 is treated as 4.0 and some formats even crash MP.

Channel mapping is something that arion_p would know more, so hopefully he will have some time to take a peek into the code (previously there was a bug in the 5.1 channel mapping, so it wouldn't be anything odd to have some similar mapping issue with other stream types).

For those crashes, hopefully you can provide a sample files that can be used to reproduce the crash.

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The crashes are probably caused by ffdshow and changing the output format too quickly, so not much of a problem. But the channel mapping seems to be broken and I hope you guys can look into it. Until that I'll need to decode to multichannel with ffdshow Prologic decoder to be able to hear everything right.

Otherwise great work with the renderer, seems to give more stable framerate than just the dshowhelper with reclock which was quite good already :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The crashes are probably caused by ffdshow and changing the output format too quickly, so not much of a problem. But the channel mapping seems to be broken and I hope you guys can look into it. Until that I'll need to decode to multichannel with ffdshow Prologic decoder to be able to hear everything right.

Still it would be good to have those samples since a crash is something that simply needs to be fixed (unless it crashes on ffdshow's side, then it is not up to us...). Such crash could be triggered with live tv for example on some HW configurations.

Otherwise great work with the renderer, seems to give more stable framerate than just the dshowhelper with reclock which was quite good already :D

It is always good to bypass some "industry standards" like Reclock :)

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Still it would be good to have those samples since a crash is something that simply needs to be fixed (unless it crashes on ffdshow's side, then it is not up to us...). Such crash could be triggered with live tv for example on some HW configurations.

Ok, I'll try to make it crash when I have time :)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can I just ask.. Does the WASAPI exclusive mode problem affect all Xonar cards? I have a Xonar DS, and suffer with lip sync problems using the MP Audio Renderer.

Without this, I get occasional freezes, but perfect sound - with it, the video is perfect but I get lip sync issues!

I have read the entire thread, and it seems that a 5ms adjustment may fix the issue? Do I enter this as a delay in FFDShow audio settings?

I also have onboard Realtek (yuk!) and a GTX460, which will transmit sound over HDMI - will this no longer work? (haven't tried with this renderer)

Cheers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom