MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (4 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I also have a problem with AC3 encoding in version 16 - the sound breaks up.

I have switched back to version 15 and all is fine.

I'll try to reproduce that issue.

By the way, I can confirm that Windows 7 SP1 does NOT fix the problem with Onkyo and mediaportal when the display device is switched off (off topic for this thread I know!)

Off topic indeed but I personaly fixed that issue with the EDID override (please check with forum seach, there is an existing thread about this).

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Test with Xonar Dx

About 18 minutes. the video hastes audio by 2-2,5 seconds.
    note: the lines are flat.

How steady is the drift figure at the bottom right? It represents the correction which the renderer thinks needs to be made.

Well. that value seems create by randomize function... ;)

I got 6 print screens to read for example:

+140

as so on

:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I also have a problem with AC3 encoding in version 16 - the sound breaks up.

I have switched back to version 15 and all is fine.

I'll try to reproduce that issue.

Yep, drifting with non 1:1 / 1:2 material and drifting + dropped audio on 1:1 material. Could anyone who has drifting issue wtih v16 test disabling the AC3 encoding to see if that cures the issue.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just gave this a go and tried to watch a video, but the sound kept cutting/dropping out and changing volume, so I've gone back to the original files for now.

Maybe something in the attached logs will help show what the problem was.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I just gave this a go and tried to watch a video, but the sound kept cutting/dropping out and changing volume, so I've gone back to the original files for now.

Maybe something in the attached logs will help show what the problem was.

You seem to be using Windows XP - that uses directsound based audio renderer which is currently not being worked on. Also it has EVR only in software mode so it is not even recommended to be used with the audio renderer (no VMR9 support has been added at all).

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Test with Xonar Dx

About 18 minutes. the video hastes audio by 2-2,5 seconds.
    note: the lines are flat.

How steady is the drift figure at the bottom right? It represents the correction which the renderer thinks needs to be made.

Well. that value seems create by randomize function... ;)

I got 6 print screens to read for example:

+140

as so on

:D

Does the randomness drop the longer the video is playing?

What that is saying this that the audio is 140ms in front then 3 seconds behind then 7 seconds. How far apart were the screen grabs - if they were close together then I am really worried :eek:.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    What that is saying this that the audio is 140ms in front then 3 seconds behind then 7 seconds. How far apart were the screen grabs - if they were close together then I am really worried :eek:.

No the audio and the video start fine in synch . after 18 minutes the audio is delayed by 2-2.5 seconds. but audio and video are fine. only became desynched progressively. the drift values seems really random.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Off topic indeed but I personaly fixed that issue with the EDID override (please check with forum seach, there is an existing thread about this).

I couldn't seem to get that to work - it made no difference.. Maybe I did it wrong?

Version 16 seemed fine to me without the AC3 encoding on - I'm not particularly up on all this stuff though, so take that with a pinch of salt!

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

No the audio and the video start fine in synch . after 18 minutes the audio is delayed by 2-2.5 seconds. but audio and video are fine. only became desynched progressively. the drift values seems really random.

The drift value is based on clock information from your hardware, but the renderer will only correct at a rate of 5ms per second which *should* mean that as long as your hardware reports accurate figures some (or most) of the time and if the error is random then the audio should stay within a few ms of sync. You shouldn't be able to tell. The is an issue with AC3 in v16 so if you have AC3 enocding enabled then you should try with it disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom