MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

just wanted to know if it is known. Using Ver 17 with HWbased clock and ac3 encodings and audio relay to 100ms results into a really fast running audio for me. Pressing pause and play fix this for about 5s then audio is again forward.

audio delay was set to 256 ms (make sure that regedit is set not to hex numbers :))
    AudioDelay: 256

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Heavily drifting Audio - i'm now back in V15. With that one it is working fine. But i've only the problem when AC3 is enabled.

Does the issue happen without the audio delay set? What is heavy drifting? Please be a bit more descriptive - like 1 second in 15 minutes or 50 ms in 2 hours. That kind of information would be helping. Just telling that A/V sync drifts wont help that much (after all here it works again with ver 17 + AC3 encoding, no drifting is happening during 2 hour movie).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Heavily drifting Audio - i'm now back in V15. With that one it is working fine. But i've only the problem when AC3 is enabled.

Does the issue happen without the audio delay set? What is heavy drifting? Please be a bit more descriptive - like 1 second in 15 minutes or 50 ms in 2 hours. That kind of information would be helping. Just telling that A/V sync drifts wont help that much (after all here it works again with ver 17 + AC3 encoding, no drifting is happening during 2 hour movie).

Ver 17 + audio delay + AC3 encoding enabled -> drifting.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Ver 17 + audio delay + AC3 encoding enabled -> drifting.

Actually it doesn't even work with the non-AC3 encoding case :) Could you test if putting 10 (as decimal) in audio delay creates correct 100 ms delay?

Code:
    m_pClock->SetAudioDelay(m_Settings.m_lAudioDelay * 100000); // setting in registry is in ms

should be:

Code:
    m_pClock->SetAudioDelay(m_Settings.m_lAudioDelay * 10000); // setting in registry is in ms

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    disaster123, 0x100 is 256 as decimal and because bug in the delay calculation it was 2500 ms. That should explain the drift you did see. So, if you could test the 10 as decimal it should give the 100 ms delay with no drifting. Drifting was result of the fact that the audio delay is slowly generated (in normal cases when the delay is max 200 ms it shouldn't take that long to reach it).

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Really sorry to hijack this thread again, but I am really struggling with my Onkyo and Windows..

Any idea why it won't play short sounds? The amp tries to switch to the right audio format, and by the time it does, the sound has finished, and it then the relay clicks again, and I am back where I started..

The same problem in MP on the menus.. I usually get a sound click when I navigate the menu in MP, but all that is happening is that the relay in the Onkyo amp is clicking, but not producing any sound. I have googled and everything but can find nothing related to this problem. I am using HDMI from my GTX460. Sound from TV and Movies etc is perfect, and it will bitstream just fine using TMT3.

Really hope someone has an idea what I am doing wrong!!

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I haven't read all the posts, but I decided to try this solution in an attempt to resolve the occasional stuttering. This solution seems to work well to prevent my stuttering issue, but there are a couple of bad side effects. Resuming after pausing results in a period of silence. Lip sync can also go out enough to be annoying, either during pausing or seeking.

I just thought I would mention these issues. I've decided to use an alternative dshowhelper.dll I found on this forum which also appears to resolve my problem without using this renderer.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I haven't read all the posts, but I decided to try this solution in an attempt to resolve the occasional stuttering. This solution seems to work well to prevent my stuttering issue, but there are a couple of bad side effects. Resuming after pausing results in a period of silence. Lip sync can also go out enough to be annoying, either during pausing or seeking.

I just thought I would mention these issues. I've decided to use an alternative dshowhelper.dll I found on this forum which also appears to resolve my problem without using this renderer.

Are you using Owlsroost dshowhelper?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just to clarify - the dshowhelper.dll versions in this thread will work OK without the MPAudioRenderer installed/enabled - they just have extra code to support the audio renderer when it's available.

Tony

krzysior

Portal Member
    December 10, 2008
    All problems with ver. 16 AC3 encoding seem to be gone in new version, at least on my hardware.
    I also checked new feature - audio delay. I need that for 24Hz so till now I used that option in ffdshow audio decoder.
    After watching a movie I must admit that it works good.
    Would be great if audio delay could be dependent on source FPS or display Hz. For example: I must set different audio delays for 23-24 Hz and 50 Hz, when for 60 Hz I set no delay.
    But even now it's great.
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom