MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Hi SoundTouch quality settings exposed will be possible in the future to test a version without time stretching but using resampling ? I prefer time streching indeed for fps adapting for the pitch but could be interesing to value the quality issue between two methods. :D

Not at least for now since it would require code changes.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

It seems that LAV Audio Decoder didn't connect to Mediaportal Audio Renderer, does the fix need to be on MAR or LAVAudio ?
    Seb.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    It seems that LAV Audio Decoder didn't connect to Mediaportal Audio Renderer, does the fix need to be on MAR or LAVAudio?

Not sure - my wild guess would be that LAV audio decoder is sending float and the audio device is not accepting such. But it is just a guess.

I'll have a look on that issue at some later date.

knajub04

Portal Member
    August 8, 2010
    HIHO :)

My problem:

I read through this thread, but I failed to see, what i must configure to build my mediacenter situation in the right way....

My initial situation:

My htpc is connected with my avr onkyo 5.1 over hdmi, where i transmit video and audio. Therefore i had used bitstream to passthrough dts,dd and etc.

Now i changed everything for using mp Audio renderer (disable passthrough...) and additional I switched AC3Encoding on in registry...

Yes, i get perfectly smooth video and also audio, but my AVR only displays PCM and i can't really see if there is really 5.1 multichannel... Actually I get sound over all speakers, but I am not sure if it is really multichannel...

I also tested it with WASAPI TestModule, without any problems...

Are there any addition settings for my situation which i have to configure???

By using PCM with AC3 encoding, there won't be any Dts,DD screen on my AVR display, right?????

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Owlsroost

Hi.

Please note I've test an Mkv file doesn't work with mp audio renderer. The first one since a long time. It's an Immerse release of Falling Skies , Immerse it's a crew that often release file into mkv container seems not work fine. The same file de-muxed and re-muxed back to work fine also with "our" ( :D ) audio renderer.
    If you were interested I'll send you im p.m. the detail how download the file.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Owlsroost

Hi.

Please note I've test an Mkv file doesn't work with mp audio renderer. The first one since a long time. It's an Immerse release of Falling Skies , Immerse it's a crew that often release file into mkv container seems not work fine. The same file de-muxed and re-muxed back to work fine also with "our" ( :D ) audio renderer.

Sorry - I don't have the knowledge or the time to support MP Audio Renderer at the moment (I built the latest version to help out, but I don't know anything about the code).

Tony

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Owlsroost

Hi.

I found the issue with the Immerse mkv releases.

the first case is with Haali as matroska spliter used by MP:

Code:
    + EBML head
    |+ Doc type: matroska
    |+ Doc type version: 2
    |+ Doc type read version: 2
    + Segment, size 1209654034
    |+ Seek head (subentries will be skipped)
    |+ EbmlVoid (size: 4025)
    |+ Segment information
    | + Timecode scale: 1000000
    | + [B]Muxing application: mkv2rls[/B] x264-tv version built on 2011. febr. 17
    | + Writing application: x264.exe
    | + Duration: 2558.723s (00:42:38.723)
    |+ Segment tracks
    | + A track
    |  + Track number: 1
    |  + Track UID: 1
    |  + Track type: video
    |  + Enabled: 1
    |  + Default flag: 1
    |  + Forced flag: 0
    |  + Lacing flag: 0
    |  + MinCache: 1
    |  + Timecode scale: 1
    |  + Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    |  + Codec decode all: 1
    |  + CodecPrivate, length 40 (h.264 profile: High @L3.1)
    |  + Default duration: 41.708ms (23.976 fps for a video track)
    |  + Video track
    |   + Pixel width: 1280
    |   + Pixel height: 720
    |   + Display width: 1280
    |   + Display height: 720
    | + A track
    |  + Track number: 2
    |  + Track UID: 2864556435
    |  + Track type: audio
    |  + Enabled: 1
    |  + Default flag: 1
    |  + Forced flag: 0
    |  + Lacing flag: 1
    |  + MinCache: 0
    |  + Timecode scale: 1
    |  + Max BlockAddition ID: 0
    |  + Codec ID: A_AC3
    |  + Codec decode all: 1
    |  + Default duration: 32.000ms (31.250 fps for a video track)
    |  + Language: eng
    |  + Name: English
    |  + Audio track
    |   + [B][SIZE="5"]Sampling frequency: 0[/SIZE][/B]
    |   + Channels: 6
    ... by mkvinfo tool

note that the muxing application is not mkvtoolnix but mkv2rls. weird choice.

the sampling frequency is 0. this is odd because all for mkv have that parameter usually 48000.

this behaviour of MOP audio renderer is caused by that parameter in the mlv container:

Using mkvpropedit we can set that value and MP start work fine againg as usual

The second case I tested is with mpc - matroska splitter or mpc - matroska source filter but in that case MP crash directly.

so If you have Immerse releases to watch probably you have to fix that parameter or if you know some guys for Immerse crew you would inform them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom