MediaPortal becomes slow if it is left to home screen (1 Viewer)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Hi,

Noticed a problem that when I leave MediaPortal 1.1 to home screen, it will become slower and slower. It can easily
spotted from RSS feed from bottom of the screen.
If I press a button from remote, then it becomes fast again.
Is this a bug?

I've notice couple times that MediaPortal has completely stuck in home screen, I can close it with Alt+F4.
I am not sure if this is related to above issue.

Running Windows 7 and StreamedMP, not sure which version. Pretty late anyway, less than a month.

Br,
Sohvaperuna

tig3r025

Portal Pro
November 29, 2008
Ljubljana
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Happens to me to. if i am at home screen for about 5 minutes, mediaportal freezes and i can't close it even with Alt+F4. Using mediaportal 1.1.0 beta1 with StreamedMP 0.9.602on vista SP2.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Noticed a problem that when I leave MediaPortal 1.1 to home screen, it will become slower and slower. It can easily
    Is this a bug?
    The Slow down occurs because Screensaver kicks in @ 5mins by default...see MediaPortal Configuration->General->ScreenSaver to disable.

I dont know if thats related to your hang, but you can try it out.

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Is this a bug?
    The Slow down occurs because Screensaver kicks in @ 5mins by default...see MediaPortal Configuration->General->ScreenSaver to disable.

I dont know if thats related to your hang, but you can try it out.

So screensaver kicks in even though you cannot see it? just a slow mediaportal with streamedmp.

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the standard option is just to reduce framerate to save cpu-time and thus energy.
    you can enable to blank the screen, too. just have a look in mp-conf, as ltfearme described above.

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So screensaver kicks in even though you cannot see it? just a slow mediaportal with streamedmp.
    It's not the normal Windows screensaver, it's MediaPortal's own one, as usualsuspect said you have 2 choices; reduce the frame rate or blank the screen, just have a look in the config.

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've had this problem ever since i migrated to windows 7 and started using Trevors skin generator and the info service plugin.

Like everyone says here, i first thought it was the MP screen saver, but after chaning to blank screen, and then disabling it all together with no avail, i tried disabling info service. That fixed the issue for me, according to the plugins forums this issue was known, and was meant to be fixed in a newer version (than the one bundled with trevors installer), sadly updating didn't work for me, but since there are no crash logs, i've not bothered reporting it.

Sadly my scenario sounds like yours, try updating info service and see what happens, but to avoid crashing, i either disable info service, or leave mp in the tv series screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom