MediaPortal becomes slow if it is left to home screen

Discussion in 'StreamedMP' started by Sohvaperuna, November 21, 2009.

1. Sohvaperuna

Sohvaperuna Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Hi,

Noticed a problem that when I leave MediaPortal 1.1 to home screen, it will become slower and slower. It can easily
    spotted from RSS feed from bottom of the screen.
    If I press a button from remote, then it becomes fast again.
    Is this a bug?

I've notice couple times that MediaPortal has completely stuck in home screen, I can close it with Alt+F4.
    I am not sure if this is related to above issue.

Running Windows 7 and StreamedMP, not sure which version. Pretty late anyway, less than a month.

Br,
    Sohvaperuna

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tig3r025

tig3r025 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Show System Specs
    Happens to me to. if i am at home screen for about 5 minutes, mediaportal freezes and i can't close it even with Alt+F4. Using mediaportal 1.1.0 beta1 with StreamedMP 0.9.602on vista SP2.

4. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,457 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    The Slow down occurs because Screensaver kicks in @ 5mins by default...see MediaPortal Configuration->General->ScreenSaver to disable.

I dont know if thats related to your hang, but you can try it out.

5. Sohvaperuna

Sohvaperuna Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +36 / 0

So screensaver kicks in even though you cannot see it? just a slow mediaportal with streamedmp.

6. usualsuspect

usualsuspect Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    the standard option is just to reduce framerate to save cpu-time and thus energy.
    you can enable to blank the screen, too. just have a look in mp-conf, as ltfearme described above.

7. Bagal
    • Premium Supporter

Bagal MP Donator

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's not the normal Windows screensaver, it's MediaPortal's own one, as usualsuspect said you have 2 choices; reduce the frame rate or blank the screen, just have a look in the config.

8. Omen

Omen Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've had this problem ever since i migrated to windows 7 and started using Trevors skin generator and the info service plugin.

Like everyone says here, i first thought it was the MP screen saver, but after chaning to blank screen, and then disabling it all together with no avail, i tried disabling info service. That fixed the issue for me, according to the plugins forums this issue was known, and was meant to be fixed in a newer version (than the one bundled with trevors installer), sadly updating didn't work for me, but since there are no crash logs, i've not bothered reporting it.

Sadly my scenario sounds like yours, try updating info service and see what happens, but to avoid crashing, i either disable info service, or leave mp in the tv series screen.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!