MediaPortal Configuration Crash when closing/stays running (1 Viewer)

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
June 22, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Maybe the upgrade didn't go well missing replaced dll or something
Well, no error message or warning during installation/upgrade on both computers. Thus we must assume: no problem. ...

but you could always post log for analyse :)
Well, attached my install.log and and the Configuration.log after the app is hanging/crashing.

lanman31337

Portal Member
January 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:waves: me again, It started erroring again shortly after. So I did a complete uninstall. I did however make a backup of my databases. Doing a fresh install of 1.9 and seeing how that goes.[DOUBLEPOST=1412642968][/DOUBLEPOST]I also noticed that it hangs on the "third party checks" an extra long time opening configuration. This is fresh install, no plugins.[DOUBLEPOST=1412643557][/DOUBLEPOST]Even with a brand new fresh install it crashes on close.

Attached is logs. Again a fresh clean install of MP 1.9. Windows 7 Pro 64, AMD A series APU, ASRock FM2+ motherboard, 8 gigs ram.[DOUBLEPOST=1412644415][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with two installations. Also upgrades from 1.8 to 1.9:
- After click on "OK", or "Cancel" in "Configuration.exe", the window closes, but the process is still active and now the CPU usage raises to ~50%-100%...
- If I look at thread list for "Configuration.exe", the process is terminating with an APPCRASH.
- Nothing in the log.

Deleting the XML's and starting with new ones doesn't fix the problem. And of course, that's not an upgrade (loosing all settings). And of course, it's all working with 1.8. Deleting "bass_vis.dll" can't also be the way to go...

Still curious why there is a "fixed" in the thread title?

Well, my personal "fix" is to replace "bass_vis.dll" and "BassVisAPI.Net.dll" (v2.4.4.1) with the ones from MP 1.8 (2.4.4.0). That's working for me.

But there should be an official way... And if v2.4.4.1 is working with a new installation, why doesn't this version work after an upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9?
I just tried a fresh install. Bass_vis.dll is the reason configuration.exe or mediaportal crashes still.

Can we remove the [fixed] from the title thread please?

Last edited:

lanman31337

Portal Member
January 11, 2012
Home Country
Ich hatte hier ein Update hochgeladen für die 1.9-pre "BassVis 2.4.4.3" (mittlerweile wieder gelöscht)
Wenn die neue DLL und meine Änderungen nicht übernommen wurden/werden kann ich auch nichts machen.
Habe aber keine Lust mehr mich deswegen aufzuregen.

Hello good sir,

My german is terrible, but the gist of what you're saying is you had uploaded BassVis 2.4.4.3 earlier and it worked?

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I'm guessing BassVis is an audio plugin?

lanman31337

Portal Member
January 11, 2012
Home Country
Are there any updates? Any more information or troubleshooting from us?

lanman31337

Portal Member
January 11, 2012
Home Country
Replacing bass_vis.dll from 1.8 seemed to fix it. Is there a newer version of the Bass engine that I could try to see if it works?

lanman31337

Portal Member
January 11, 2012
Home Country
Replacing bass_vis.dll from 1.8 seemed to fix it. Is there a newer version of the Bass engine that I could try to see if it works?
test this!
based on 1.9 pre released

rename the old file befor replace. (Backup)

That worked perfect! I did try the 1.9 pre-release and it had the same issues.This 2.4.4.3 seems to not crash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom