[Bug] MediaPortal crashing intermittently when interacting with the TV Guide (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Holzi (y)

Andy, I did select the channel on the left hand side. My attempt to reproduce was basically exactly what Holzi did except I am using Default Wide and a custom version of MP based on 1.5 PR. Updating to 1.6 PR now to test...

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    with MePo 1.5.0 Titan, Win7 x64, I can produce an EPG problem doing the following. I use a mouse not a remote for these tests

1. goto TV > Guide, left click KPIX (any channel works/fails)
    2. in the KPIX guide, left click on a show, in recordings select an episode to record
    3. press topbar "back" twice to return to full guide, no problem
    4. press topbar "x" to exit MePo Client, windows pops up a "MePo stopped working" error.

Windows Event log shows the following
    Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x5245685c
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1116
    Exception code: 0xe053534f
    Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

MePo log file uploaded and this does not generate a MediaPortal-Error.log. When I restart MePo client the recording still shows in the guide. Doing an exit without modifying the recordings does not cause a problem.

EDITED Comment Seems like crash only happens in "Full EPG" after returning from "Edit Recording". If I exit MePo client from "1 Channel EPG", "TV Home" or "Titan Home" I don't see a crash.

Last edited:

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    [
    with MePo 1.5.0 Titan, Win7 x64, I can produce an EPG problem doing the following. I use a mouse not a remote for these tests

1. goto TV > Guide, left click KPIX (any channel works/fails)
    2. in the KPIX guide, left click on a show, in recordings select an episode to record
    3. press topbar "back" twice to return to full guide, no problem
    4. press topbar "x" to exit MePo Client, windows pops up a "MePo stopped working" error.

Windows Event log shows the following
    Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x5245685c
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1116
    Exception code: 0xe053534f
    Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

MePo log file uploaded and this does not generate a MediaPortal-Error.log. When I restart MePo client the recording still shows in the guide. Doing an exit without modifying the recordings does not cause a problem.

EDITED Comment Seems like crash only happens in "Full EPG" after returning from "Edit Recording". If I exit MePo client from "1 Channel EPG", "TV Home" or "Titan Home" I don't see a crash.

I don't actually have to edit the recording or even add one for it to crash. It is worse when still building the guide i.e. not all information is populated. But also happens when using xmltv import or webepg. The bug where you cannot sellect a program in the full guide always happens so maybe it is related? buffer-overflow or sync issue between mediaportal threads or processes? It can't be a my sql issue because it also happens when using microsoft sql express aswell. and, if the system is multi-seat, the server doesn't have any errors or crashes, it is just the client.

I'm not a programmer an am new to this program so probably not gonna be much help delving deeper into this.

do you also get these errors in mediaportal log?

Default Wide Skin:
    Here > [2013-12-09 23:20:45,489] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 98 (window property: videoBackground)
    Here > [2013-12-09 23:20:45,490] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 99 (window property: videoWindow)
    Here > [2013-12-09 23:20:45,496] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 98 (window property: videoBackground)
    Here > [2013-12-09 23:20:45,497] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 99 (window property: videoWindow)

Titan Skin:
    Here > [2013-12-09 23:02:08,407] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 98 (window property: videoBackground)
    Here > [2013-12-09 23:02:08,417] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 98 (window property: videoBackground)

I'm puzzled as to why this isn't reproduce-able by MM1352000 and azzuro though

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Andy

I don't have any EPG missing data problems, I'm in the USA use mc2xml for EPG data, so I don't think the EPG data is part of the problem.

my TitanSkin log files also show the same Warning, but I don't think this is part of the story.
    [2013-12-13 13:42:10,434] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 98 (window property: videoBackground)
    [2013-12-13 13:42:10,449] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\mytvguide.xml' is missing control id 98 (window property: videoBackground)

my MePo crash happens when I use mouse to press TopBar "X" to exit MePo Client in the "Full EPG, the last entry in my MePo log is
    [2013-12-13 13:43:01,841] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Exit requested

this is a minute or so after the the "WARN" log file entries

ANOTHER EDIT COMMENT
    googling for "Exception code: 0xe053534f" shows this is probably some type of "Soft Stack Overflow", not sure I want to figure out how to get a debugger running to see what is happening

Last edited:

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ANOTHER EDIT COMMENT
    googling for "Exception code: 0xe053534f" shows this is probably some type of "Soft Stack Overflow", not sure I want to figure out how to get a debugger running to see what is happening

It would explain the different behaviour on different machines. i know v1.2.3 was the most recent version that didn't show this behaviour. Unfortunately that poses a significant problem in how to fix it. wish i had the knowledge to help out more.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Small addition:
    The crash only happens if I move back with keyboard (ESC). If I use the topbar icon via mouse to go back to the previous window(s) no crash for me. Not tested with remote control yet.
    Can you confirm @Andy_113 ?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I see the crash with Titan using a mouse to click on TopBar "<" to move back from schedule recordings to Full EPG then use mouse to click on the "x" to exit MePo Client. Its also seems to be triggered when doing 2 "<" to return to full EPG. If I do the following

1. Go to TV Home, Full EPG, click on a channel, click on any show.
    2. Mouse click TopBar "<", "<", then "X" to exit MePo, I get the crash.

If I do following, I do not see a crash
    1. Go to TV Home, Full EPG, click on a channel, click on any show.
    2. Mouse click Topbar "House/Home", then TV Home, Full EPG, TopBar "X",

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Found my remote, I normally use a mouse with Titan since it is faster/easier than my remote, and get the same MePo Client crash with the remote. For remote

1. use remote to enter TV Home, Full EPG, select a channel, then any show to get into Schedule Recordings
    2. press remote "Back/Exit" (Left Arrow, not up/down/left/right) twice to return to Full EPG, then press remote "Down", and get the crash

This is with Hauppauge Remote "RC6", in WMC mode

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It doesn't crash here but I can't select a program anymore if I go back (the point where it crashes by Holzi). It only moves the time for and back >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom