[Bug] MediaPortal crashing intermittently when interacting with the TV Guide (1 Viewer)

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Found my remote, I normally use a mouse with Titan since it is faster/easier than my remote, and get the same MePo Client crash with the remote. For remote

1. use remote to enter TV Home, Full EPG, select a channel, then any show to get into Schedule Recordings
    2. press remote "Back/Exit" (Left Arrow, not up/down/left/right) twice to return to Full EPG, then press remote "Down", and get the crash

This is with Hauppauge Remote "RC6", in WMC mode

Mine is the same, although it is not just with remote (tested with hauppauge rc6 model 226 and official mce remote) but happens with just using the mouse and just using the keyboard or any combination of mouse\keyboard\remote. It seems independent of the input type.

Edit: Holzi, no mine is with any input method or combination (above). Although, not being able to select a program in the main tv guide after your first enter record properties (either using escape on keyboard or pressing back on the remote or clicking on the toolbar).

Don't know if i'm explaining this well enough but it is exactly the same as the video posted earlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1387048905][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It doesn't crash here but I can't select a program anymore if I go back (the point where it crashes by Holzi). It only moves the time for and back >_>

yep, that always happens for me everytime (that is if it doesn't crash), sometimes it doesn't straight away.

if you stay in the main guide, and select a channel from the furthest column on the left you can select a program that way, then go back, and do that several times does your mepo crash then?

Last edited:

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,
    any news on this issue?

Since today I'm observing the same behaviour in TV-Guide; but in 1.5.0

Cheers,

update:
    As usual Murphy happend and it took a while to reproduce the error
    Now logs attached

Last edited:

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    no news yet, have you tried v1.6.0 final? I'm getting the same problem in the new v1.6.0 final build too...

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, can reproduce it on MP 1.6.0 too. But only with Titan skin and not with Default skin.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    generated a few crash/dump files for this problem with MePo 1.5 Titan Skin on my Win7-x64 TV Server system. This is 100% repeatable when I follow the steps in my earlier message. Based on this thread the problem occurs occurs with both MePo 1.5 and 1.6. I have not tried MePo 1.6 (yet)

keyboard steps to create problem
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-with-the-tv-guide.122994/page-3#post-1046758

to get MePo dump files I used the following messages, googled: Exception code: 0xe053534f crash dump
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...3b2/windows-service-error?forum=csharpgeneral

downloaded Msft Debug Tool rev 2.0 from the following, download 64 bit version for 64 bit windows
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40336

did crash tool setup based on the following. generated a minidump and a fulldump
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tess/archive/2009/03/20/debugging-a-net-crash-with-rules-in-debug-diag.aspx

the zip file has error logs and the output of the Msft DebugDiag Analysis tool for the mini/full dump files. Used Crash/Hang Analyzer option

MediaPortal__PID__7300__Date__01_02_2014__Time_01_09_49PM__662__First chance exception 0XE053534F_CrashHangAnalysis
    PID = 7300 mini is the summary file from the Analysis tool. Use IE to open the .mht file

MultipleDumps_CrashHangAnalysis.mht PID = 8344 is the full dump summary file from the Analysis tool. Use IE to open the .mht file

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I see the crash with Titan using a mouse to click on TopBar "<" to move back from schedule recordings to Full EPG then use mouse to click on the "x" to exit MePo Client. Its also seems to be triggered when doing 2 "<" to return to full EPG. If I do the following

1. Go to TV Home, Full EPG, click on a channel, click on any show.
    2. Mouse click TopBar "<", "<", then "X" to exit MePo, I get the crash.

If I do following, I do not see a crash
    1. Go to TV Home, Full EPG, click on a channel, click on any show.
    2. Mouse click Topbar "House/Home", then TV Home, Full EPG, TopBar "X",

I can't reproduce the crash and if i do "<", "<" i'm back to TVHome and Full EPG.

Can someone can make a video ?
    :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I surely do not do the step by step sequence but i have try 10x already lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom