MediaPortal doesn´t restart when resuming from Standby (1 Viewer)

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Simone

Your new restart.vbs script doesn't restart MP. The computer restarts OK, but MP doesn't start - we are stuck at windows. But no errors, so it is a little better than before, where there was errors and the Watchdog windows appeared

However, the restart.vbs posted a few post above yours, is working fine.

I'm using the MP1 final, windows XP SP3 Danish. And the in-build TV-engine (not the server)

Pascal

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
IJsselmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I do not know if my issue is the same. The problem I run into is that MediaPortal is not restarted after resuming from standby. Yes I have the option in the general form enabled. If I use the vb-script restart.vbs, it all works.

In the log it is saying a line like 'OnResume - OnResume called but !_suspended'. Maybe this has something to do with it. Also right after I press standby, there are a lot of DX errors?

Anyone has an idea what this could be?

thanks,

Pascal

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please test this new script. Post here any issue you find and also the restart.log, in the same log dir as usual.
    Take care that restart.log is overwritten each time the script run !

Simone

Pascal

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    IJsselmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the effort. However my problem is not related to the restart.vbs. If I run the old one, MediaPortal gets restarted just fine. The problem lies in the fact that MediaPortal is not starting it. If you read my log it is mentioning a resume from critical standby. For some reason if I use the standby function within MediaPortal ('2009-01-13 18:16:56.843750 [Debug][MPMain]: PSClientPlugin: Delegating shutdown request to tvserver: Suspend') it does a critical one.

Resuming from a critical standby does not launch the script.

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Pascal,

Any luck with the resume problem you've been having. If you see my post here, I'm experiencing the same log messages that you are - that seem to be related to the MediaPortal client not getting notified about Windows going into suspend.

I think that's what causes all the DX errors - obviously, the TV-Server starts suspending Windows, so whatever device MediaPortal is looking for starts going to sleep, but the MediaPortal client is still trying to talk to it.

Please let me know if you find a solution for this problem. I'll try a little more testing, but I've almost run out of ideas (and time) for things to test right at the moment. I'd really just like standby/resume to work perfectly the way it did back in RC3.

Cheers,
    Craig

Pascal

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    IJsselmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Craig,

I do have a work around. I use vbscript to detect the resume standby events from windows. It is not a clean solution, but better something that works :)

The script looks like:

Dim process
    Dim shell

Set colMonitoredEvents = GetObject("winmgmts:")._
    ExecNotificationQuery("Select * from Win32_PowerManagementEvent")
    Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Do
    Set strLatestEvent = colMonitoredEvents.NextEvent
    Select Case strLatestEvent.EventType
    Case 18
    WshShell.Run "tskill Mediaportal", 0, true
    WScript.Sleep 100
    WshShell.Run "Mediaportal"
    End Select
    WScript.Sleep 100
    Loop

I saved this in a file ResumeTrigger.vbs, saved it in the same directory as MediaPortal.exe exists and launch it at windows startup.

Good luck with it, maybe it works for you too!

greetz,

Pascal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom