MediaPortal doesn't resume TV when switching to (& from) fullscreen/windowed mode (1 Viewer)

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC 1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC 1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo (default)
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
HDD: 80GB + 1TB External Network Drive (Western Digital MyBook World)
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: nVidia Ge-Force FX 5200 256MB
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-TD 500 USB (running in Diversity Mode)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge 45-button
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

When switching MediaPortal from windowed mode to fullscreen mode (or vice versa) while TV is on, once MediaPortal has switched modes, TV is turned off even though it was on before i initiated the switch.

Previously, MP would "pause" the TV (I have timeshifting automatically on), then switch mode, and once the switching is complete would resume playing the TV channel from where it stopped to switch mode.

This is really annoying as I have to manually turn the TV on again after switching viewing mode, then wait a few seconds for the TV to start, which means i lose some of the program i was watching.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    This it's a old bug which is in Mantis & has been there for a loooooong time & not fixed, so only way to go from windowed to fullscreen or opposite it's to stop playing -> switch >- start playing again..

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You can read about it here, i have never been able to drag window size, go from windowed to fullscreen or opposite, minimize etc without problems. Guess you have been lucky to have it working ;)

Regards
    Roy

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,
    You can read about it here, i have never been able to drag window size, go from windowed to fullscreen or opposite, minimize etc without problems. Guess you have been lucky to have it working ;)

Regards
    Roy

I've just had a look at the bug report. And this is not actually what I'm reporting (I have experienced the bug mentioned in the bug report in the MP 0.2.3.0).

MediaPortal doesn't crash or become unresponsive when switching between windowed and fullscreen modes, It continues working fine. It's just that TV is turned of, meaning I have to turn it on again manually

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The behaviour was changed to stop MP crashing on screen resize, so now instead of crashing, live video is stopped and then the resize is done and you have to restart video playback again manually, so this is normal now.

Have found occasionally i used to be able to resize without the crash happening, but just put that down to my 7900GS having the grunt to keep going with the redrawn screen.

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    this is normal now.

Normal?
    It seems completely abnormal for playback to hard abort just because the user chooses to resize the window.

Please could the original behaviour be restored and where appropriate any bugs be investivated rather than just masked.

Thanks
    Mark

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Go back 2+ years, because this is how far back this started when VMR9\DX9 became the default for MP, instead of overlay which had very limited options.

This is why everyone on the Team is so keen to get MP2 up and running, because graphical glitches like this will not exist.

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Does Windows Media Player use VMR9/DX9?
    What I'm getting at is does any software that uses the same architecture as MP have the ability to resize without crashing?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    [Does Windows Media Player use VMR9/DX9?]

No

What I'm getting at is does any software that uses the same architecture as MP have the ability to resize without crashing?

None i'm aware of, MP behaves pretty much like most games if resizing, it will crash.

There has been so much time spent on this, without a answer, so if it was a easy fix, it would have been done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom