MediaPortal eats my brackets (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is just a matter of language file ;)
    I German, we already have "Ordner-Ansicht" (= folder view) - should be easy to change in respective language files ;)
    Another one of your intentionally wrong translations, huh? :(
    Don't forget about the hundreds or even thousands of references in the wiki.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another one of your intentionally wrong translations, huh? :(
    First of all this was not my translation, because this translation is in MP since I started in 2007 ;)
    Second: I know about the Wiki references and I agree it´s not worth changing it there - but the GUI could (should?) be understandable for non-geeks as well ;)
    Third: Try to be a bit less agressive, pls ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First of all this was not my translation, because this translation is in MP since I started in 2007 ;)
    Okay.

Second: I know about the Wiki references and I agree it´s not worth changing it there - but the GUI could (should?) be understandable for non-geeks as well ;)
    In my opinion it's more important than anything else that the GUI be consistent with the wiki. Changing one but not the other would [in my opinion] be the worst thing we could do.

Third: Try to be a bit less agressive, pls ;)
    Sorry, the post wasn't intended to come across as aggressive. It was intended to convey my sadness/disappointment.
    I feel sad and disappointed when I learn about such things because I think it's a sign of low quality hacking. Fast and dirty. I hoped we had higher standards, because I like to take pride in what we produce/offer.
    Anyway, sorry again.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    because I think it's a sign of low quality hacking. Fast and dirty. I hoped we had higher standards, because I like to take pride in what we produce/offer.
    Fully agree with that ;)
    Thererfore the translations I added during the time MP grew, I always used German terms according to the standards ISO 17100 and DIN EN ISO 9001 (the international and German standards for Technical Documentation) ;)
    So in German "shares view" is in fact "Ordner-Struktur" or "Ordner-Ansicht". ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom