Mediaportal fails to display tuned encrypted channel (1 Viewer)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
    - Mediaportal fails to display tuned and timeshifted TV channel (conax encryption)
    - the channel tunes, decrypts and previews fine in TVServer
    - tuning through mediaportal initiates timeshifting correctly, but there is no picture displayed, GUI is shown (tv guide). The generated timeshifting .ts file is even playable with Windows mediaplayer (video, audio, encrypted correctly).
    -this happens with 2 TV cards tested (logs here with technotrend S2-3200, but also with a TBS card)
    specs:
    - clean, brandnew MePo 1.4 installation, no plugins, no patches

Steps to Reproduce:
    try to watch a Conax encrypted TV channel

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again kszabo

You're right - same error. Hmmm...
    Unfortunately I'm not able to test anymore. I do have a TT S2-3200 but no access to encrypted channels. Lets wait and see if there are any more reports with the same problem. Otherwise you could try a reinstall.

mm

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thank you for your time again. I reverted back completely to MePo 1.2.3, clean reinstall. Again the same problem! I did not have any problems with that version over months in the past definitely.

I guess my Conax CAM got some minor damage an is not working correctly. I ordered a new CAM now, I hope I can test it on the weekend and report back.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is very strange.
    If preview in TV Server configuration works then it is 99% certainly not the CAM.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    yes... but that is the last possibility now, and the last "unchanged" part of the chain. I will test the cam in my Plasma TV also, it has CI-slot.
    I will report back (I will do clean new win7 install with TT S2-3200, MePo 1.4 clean new and new CAM)

I heard you are having heavy winter now "down" there!

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I put my Cam into my Panasonic TV, encryption of the problematic channels worked flawlessly...
    -> CAM should be no problem

I did a brandnew Win7 install with clean MePo 1.4, tested 2 Catalyst drivers (an older one which worked always and new one) and Codecs with and without DXVA, still same problem.
    -> h.264 encoding / GFX should be no problem

I am starting to think that the problem is on the TV provider side. They broadcast not quite properly compressed streams (AC3 and h264), I had some codecs and picture problems before, maybe they changed something again and MePo is more sensitive than my TV or TVServer Preview. Could this be?
    -> guess provieder no problem, because when it plays, it plays. Only the initiation fails sometimes

I hope my new conax cam comes today to test.

Greets

Last edited:

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Some further strange behaviour, this can give a clue maybe:

I start to watch a problematic channel, nothing happens (nothing visible). If I try to tune an another one, sometimes the first chosen channel starts to play (= initiated timehift kicks in and starts to play), any further zapping results in playing the previous channel (1 behind, like start with M1HD, nothing happens, then zap to DunaHD, M1HD starts to play, zap to RockTV, Duna HD plays etc.).

The problem must lie somewhere there, at starting to play (graph building or something) the first encrypted channel. Some timeout or checkback problem... just thinking.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Besides MP, what other software is installed?
    You're using matched versions of MP and TV Server, correct?

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    MP and TVServer both 1.4 clean new install. Skin default Titan.
    Windows clean new install, no other software installed (just Chrome and LAV Filters, AMD Catalyst). No mediaplayers whatsoever.
    New CAM arrived, same behaviour :( Now I will replace the LNB of the satellite dish... just kidding

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom