Mediaportal fails to display tuned encrypted channel (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, this is a very strange - MP client isn't even trying to build a filter graph (and there are no problems being reported in the log which give a clue as to why, as far as I can see...)

Does it work OK with non-encrypted (FTA) channels ?

If it does, can you generate logs of an FTA channel start followed by an encrypted channel start (so we can compare the two situations in the same logs) ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm wondering...
    Maybe the CAM is only decrypting one of the audio streams.
    Would be helpful if you can test with an encrypted channel that only has one audio stream.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I will do my best :) and try to log what we need. I cannot say thanx enough for your help, much apprecited.
    In the meantime I killed my HTPC install completely and installed a 64bit Windows 7 (I was on 32bit) from scratch. Before I used restored harddrive images, I wanted to eliminate even this possible error source.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hey, it looks like I solved the problem.

Solution (more like a workaround): I can use only one tuner card at a time. I installed my diseq switch again and removed all cards exept one. Now I can zap as I like, no problems. And that with MP 1.4 with TBS patched tvlibrary and TBS card with CI/ConaxCAM

I have 3 tuner cards: Techisat Skystar HD2, Techotrend Budget S2-3200 with CI, TBS 6928 with CI
    I tried all 3 combinations of 2 at a same time (TS-TBS, TT-TBS, TS-TT), one of them with CAM (9°E Eutelsat Sat), other for FTA (19°E Astra Sat). Each time clean new Windows installation with signed latest drivers, clean new MP. Each time the switch from tuner card for FTA channels to the tuner card with CAM caused the mess. I got the clue at the one before the last try as I just scanned just the satellite with the encrypted channels. Everything worked fine!!! Happy man I was. I made a scan with the other card for the FTA channels, my misery with the encrypted channels on the other card started again! I blamed the TS card first (it was the card for FTA channels at that time) for hardware failure, replaced it with the TBS. New round, same fate. I left only the TBS inside with CAM, installed my old diseq swith between again, scan both satellites with the TBS with CAM and VOILÀ rock solid MP.

sorry guys that I cannot provide any logs. I worked on my setup for hours, took my HTPC apart 5-6 times, switched even the CAM module for a new one, altered the wiring with diseq, each time new clean windows, switched between 32 bit and 64 bit.... I do not touch it any more for the time being.

I am afraid, it has to be some motherboard problem (it is 4-5 y old), as I already used 2 tuners at the same time before (but never with CAM). Or not. Maybe it is a MP bug. You decide ;)

Last edited:

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Oh, after some longer testing the issue comes again, but very seldom, even with only one card. I will try to reproduce it in degug mode and post the logs.[DOUBLEPOST=1372062419][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Y
    If it does, can you generate logs of an FTA channel start followed by an encrypted channel start (so we can compare the two situations in the same logs) ?

I will do this

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I cannot make any logs, the problem is gone for me with removing the second tuner card. Maybe sometime I will need 2 cards and report back ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom