[News] MediaPortal Feature Freeze and Skin Editor (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    In my humble opinion, the code freeze should have been set in place 4 months ago, as it seems that MP is trying to integrate more and more features and forgetting about usability and speed.
    Take a look at the changelogs.

95% were bugfixes and useability enhancements. The rest new features mainly provided by the community.

I really can't wait for a beta release of meediOS (which should be several fold faster than MP and will hopefully give MP some direction for their future development).
    We also keep an eye on the other HTPC applications such as MeediOS.
    And currently it seems to require a lot more resources than other applications do.

But if you prefer MeediOS or XBMC over MP, then we have no problem with that.
    Have a nice time. :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I reported a few bugs, most of them are very easy to reproduce. Most of them are waiting to be verified by your testers and developers:

Easy to reproduce on your system doesn't mean that the issue is easy to reproduce on a different system. As it seems to be the case with most of the issues you have reported (no one else has been confirming those).

I haven't ever seen such happening. Might be linked to the audio CD issue as well.

Codec issue most likely. MPA is known to not to support all possible audio formats. Please provide a sample .ts recording that can be used to test the issue.

No clue, but no one else has reported so this is not a easy to reproduce.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I hope you guys are considering integrating the network bandwidth monitor patch for tv server.
    Then I would not have a need for the heartbeat monitor anymore. It was approved but I'm not sure when, all I know is that it's not in 1.1 beta1 yet. Guess I'll have to be patient :) Hard sometimes though!

But that's just me complaining, keep up the goodwork anyways guys and don't be bothered too much by posts like mine complaining all the time :)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I can confirm the fact that the labels disappears when the item is being selected.

I did not test the other cases.
    And as i said in that thread allready, this is done by purpose. Otherwise the thumb would cover parts of the text. ;)

It does not cover the text in filmstrip mode because the text is also magnified. Why can't you use same approach in Icons and Big Icons layout?

Codec issue most likely. MPA is known to not to support all possible audio formats. Please provide a sample .ts recording that can be used to test the issue.

I was going to do it, but Christophe has already provided the sample in the first post of this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/problem-tsreader-some-channels-59074/

which links to:

http://chli.zapto.org/public/MediaPortal/Quest Means Business - CNN Int. - 2009-04-30 - 20_00.ts

Please let me know if the link doesn't work and I will upload my own .ts.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I can confirm the fact that the labels disappears when the item is being selected.

I did not test the other cases.
    And as i said in that thread allready, this is done by purpose. Otherwise the thumb would cover parts of the text. ;)

It does not cover the text in filmstrip mode because the text is also magnified. Why can't you use same approach in Icons and Big Icons layout?
    As far as i know harley choose this solution because everything else caused problems.
    You can always pm him and propose your idea. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom