Mediaportal freeze when using MovingPictures and Milkdrop2 visualization (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I don't know how milkdrop 2 is triggered but i'm 100% sure that is starting with MP now (i can see a flashing window for a very short time when MP starts) and the issue is there only when i'm using Moving Pictures and only with milkdrop 2 visualization (WMP visualization is working).

Seen that to, wondered what was triggering it, was having some other issues recording as well so reverted back to MP1.0 + ForTheRecord before I got a chance to isolate what it was.

Just as a matter of point, using the original milkdrop viz as in Pretoriano's last post, with MovingPicture 0.7, this does not show up in MP1.0, only newer svn's.

Yes,visualizations worked fine with MovinPictures and MP1,and when i tested MovPics 0.6 with SVN 21688 it worked too,that's why i'm trying to figure what is triggering this issue with 0.7.
    I can give up visualizations offcourse,cause for me MovPics is much more important but i'm sure that only a few persons are testing the latest svn so if ignored this bug stay silent until a stable release.

Edit:tested with MP svn 21720 and the issue is still there

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Think this is definately some change inside MP regarding music\viz, as I get that nice window flashing without Moving Pictures even being installed.
    Effect I am seeing, with viz enabled, no focus when entering movpics the first time, backout to home screen and reenter and focus is then fine, and you can scroll down your movie list.

100% reproduceable by enabling\disabling music viz in MP config.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi

Think this is definately some change inside MP regarding music\viz, as I get that nice window flashing without Moving Pictures even being installed.
    Effect I am seeing, with viz enabled, no focus when entering movpics the first time, backout to home screen and reenter and focus is then fine, and you can scroll down your movie list.

100% reproduceable by enabling\disabling music viz in MP config.

Hi,how you managed to regain focus again after entering MovingPictures cause for me nothing works...oh well,beside ctrl+alt+del and kill MP process.
    The flashing window is present when entering configuration again after previously enabled visualization (with WMP Alchemy i think there's no flashing window)

Edit: PD have you tryed MovingPictures 0.6 to see if the issue is still there?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Edit: PD have you tryed MovingPictures 0.6 to see if the issue is still there?

Yes, latest svn (21688) with 0.6.6 is fine, change to 0.7 and no focus\response, backout to homescreen and go back to Movpics is then fine also.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Try expanding the file attached in this post straight into the MP directory - it should add all the required files to allow the 2.0c Milkdrop vis.
    Personally I don't seem to have this issue though...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have created an issue for this in our tracker. I'll try again to reproduce and track this issue down for the 0.7.2 release. For those interested in this issue and wanting to track progress, you can star the Google Code issue to receive email updates as progress is made.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Oddly - If I select the plugin from basic home and immediately keep pressing the 'down' button, it works - even on going back to the basic home and eentering still seems to work...

Thanks for adding to tracker :)

#edit#
    Tried with vis_milk.dll 2.0c 2.0d and 2.0e, still locks up...

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Oddly - If I select the plugin from basic home and immediately keep pressing the 'down' button, it works - even on going back to the basic home and eentering still seems to work...

Thanks for adding to tracker :)

#edit#
    Tried with vis_milk.dll 2.0c 2.0d and 2.0e, still locks up...

Well...it seem that i'm not alone now with this issue.SpudR i'm using vis_milk.dll 2.1 and still have this issue,and i'm glad u reported this issue too cause i was about to wipe out all my Windows OS just to see if i get rid of this issue:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    i was about to wipe out all my Windows OS just to see if i get rid of this issue

It's definately not a OS issue, as reverting files repairs.

The flashing empty window apparently has always been there when loading MP or config, but it has successfully been hidden in the past, hwahrmann is aware of whats happening along with the rest of the team, especially regarding the blank screen on resume part of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom