MediaPortal freezes randomly (1 Viewer)

killshoot

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi marc,

Excuse my question of newbie, but what is flipY and how to set it to 'false'?

Vince

MasterMarc

Portal Pro
June 21, 2007
Bochum & Gelsenkirchen
Home Country
Germany Germany
flipy is a function for mp skins (i don't know what effect it has, i just read that in the other post (link is on the previous page))
this function in combination with 690g seems to be the issue. take a programm like dreamweaver and search and replace ([Strg]+[F]) flipy="true" to flipy="false" in a folder (the skin folder). you can do that also manually file by file, but much work to do.
marc

rav994

Portal Member
June 23, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can confirm spinsafe refolve with 690g mobo and radeon 7.10 works with flipY="true" removed.

I think i love the one who figured this out

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ive just had to go and do this, and again for each module I added. Lucky has it I found grepwin, which adds a prompt in the right click menu of windows explorer which lets you mass replace all files in the folder and all subfolders. Google grepwin if you would like it, its free :)

Carpnutter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2007
    Am also having this issue, am unable to make it clear with the flipY change. i just donwloaded the newest drivers from ATI and these are still having the same issue.
    I have had to roll back again to 7.2 in order to stop the crashing and freezing.
    To note this seems to be worse when scrolling through the music links or watching TV. Still receiving the same sirectx errors as noted before. Have sent mail to ATI to see what the latest is on this.
    Anybody else found any other way around this and the older driver seem to be having issues with the refresh on my LCD.

MasterMarc

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2007
    Bochum & Gelsenkirchen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    after a long time desperation, i change the OS. and so i can confirm: the best way to get rid of this issue is to upgrade to vista. for me it works fine, even coreavc is much faster than in xp (in xp coreavc stutters when playing 1080p). no stutters and faster wake-up after standby.
    marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom