MediaPortal on ITX (1 Viewer)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    could you please upload a sample 1080p .ts file? i only have 1080i...

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    could you please upload a sample 1080p .ts file? i only have 1080i...

Well, it's almost 9 GB, so I doubt that I can upload it anywhere and easily.. Sorry mate.

I've heard that avforums has a list (?) of samples somewhere.. Might be worth searching there? Or get 1080i sample from Page 4 of this thread and try it out (unless you've done that already?).

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i tried the 1080i .ts on 2 ION systems (both are identically built). On the one, it plays fluently but on the other it stutters... don't know where the differences are, because both have the same setup...

sad to say, that coreavc isn't working with the actual tsreader, it crops the screen. so there are not many possibilites to get HD .ts files working with MPC (which is used in SAF for HD)

unfortunately, i don't have 1080p .ts material...

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    i tried the 1080i .ts on 2 ION systems (both are identically built). On the one, it plays fluently but on the other it stutters... don't know where the differences are, because both have the same setup...

sad to say, that coreavc isn't working with the actual tsreader, it crops the screen. so there are not many possibilites to get HD .ts files working with MPC (which is used in SAF for HD)

unfortunately, i don't have 1080p .ts material...

I think SAF uses PowerDVD codec to playback HD content utilizing GPU which should be pretty good. I don't have any issues here.

Read this:

Can anyone point me toward 1080P mpeg2 sample? - AVS Forum

Here are few links for you (not .ts though):

WMV HD Content Showcase
    H.264 Demo Clips H264info.com

Check this out for .ts sterams - that guy got a LOT of samples there.. Wow! :

http://www.w6rz.net/

It is amazing what "1080p sample" google query can produce :D

Cheers

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    great... but you could you please explain me, what this "google" is? :mad:

i will do some tests in my freetime with the different resolutions and post the result

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Like i already mentioned earlier in this post i have a Zotac ION system. It works perfectly under MP with 1080p and DXVA but i noticed yesterday that under 1080i i get flickering on live TV as if it doesnt deinterlace properly although VMR9 fps is 50 and average is 50 also, i have 0 dropped frames. Using winxp and powerdvd9 codecs for h.264 and sd for live tv. Since i am new to NVIDIA (all my previous systems had an ATI card) i have a question to the NVIDIA experts. I have a feeling that by default NVIDIA output is interlaced to my TV instead of progressive (i am using HDMI cable), do you guys setup a custom resolution and set the scan type to "Progressive" under NVIDIA custom resolutions?

Thanx in advance.

EDIT: Also are you using IVTC in the NVDIA control panel?

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Like i already mentioned earlier in this post i have a Zotac ION system. It works perfectly under MP with 1080p and DXVA but i noticed yesterday that under 1080i i get flickering on live TV as if it doesnt deinterlace properly although VMR9 fps is 50 and average is 50 also, i have 0 dropped frames. Using winxp and powerdvd9 codecs for h.264 and sd for live tv. Since i am new to NVIDIA (all my previous systems had an ATI card) i have a question to the NVIDIA experts. I have a feeling that by default NVIDIA output is interlaced to my TV instead of progressive (i am using HDMI cable), do you guys setup a custom resolution and set the scan type to "Progressive" under NVIDIA custom resolutions?

Thanx in advance.

EDIT: Also are you using IVTC in the NVDIA control panel?

Sorry man, I never run into these issues, nor do I have HDTV or 1080i content, so I wouldn't know. Good luck figuring this out though!

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok i am back from the front!

Did some more tests and i found out that 1080i is poorly deinterlaced. So i just recorded a small sample of 1080i and tried to play it on MPC-HC and guess what... it is still poorly deinterlaced. So i tend to believe that it is either NVIDIA drivers OR ION is simply not powerfull enough to deinterlace and at the same time DXVA 1080i. I will provide sample in a few minutes.

Which NVIDIA drivers are you guys using?

Here is the SAMPLE
    Video
    ID : 48 (0x30)
    Menu ID : 137 (0x89)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Duration : 19s 816ms
    Bit rate : 10.9 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : MBAFF
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.211
    Stream size : 25.4 MiB (90%)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Are you able to play the file? And if yes are you able to see smooth deinterlacing? Mind you that on my other 2 ATI systems the same file plays perfectly and deinterlacing is smooth as it should be.

Is that with 1080i too? i.e. BBC HD?

I haven't got access to BBC HD. Sorry:sorry:.

If you can make a short test recording then I will give it a try.

www.borntoshare.co.uk/BBC_HD_Wimbledon 2009.ts

BTW this sample also has poor deinterlacing although Surfermc is reporting that on his ION system, which is the same with mine, it is running smooth.

If i had to take a guess i would say that people only tend to test the DXVA portion of ION and are missing the whole picture. DXVA is working perfectly and CPU usage is below 10% on any type of material whether it is 1080p or 1080i but deinterlacing is poor. On my 46 LCD it is so bad that the screen starts jumping when too much movement is involved in a 1080i stream. I already tried different drivers and different codecs and still get the same results which lead me to one conclusion, this mobo simply doesn't have enough horse power to do both smooth deinterlacing and DXVA on 1080i. I may be wrong so any suggestions are welcome.

We need more people testing in order to find out whether this is a hardware limit OR a codec/driver issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom