MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

We also need your TsReader.log which is not in your zip from your previous post.

Ok. Did some more testing... there was no TsReader.log, because the TsReader is not used for the m2ts files. The logs attached where made with first playing a .ts file and then a .m2ts file (the same as in the logs before). Both files run smooth in windows media player and checked it with graphedit, also same codecs are used.

outside MP -> .ts and .m2ts works fine; inside MP -> .ts fine, .m2ts video stucks and sound is playing fine.

used codecs MPC-MPV and MPC-MPA
    You can not use MPC-MPV for HD playback unless your HD content is mpeg2 - and even then you would have a 80%CPU load on an Core2Duo.
    (did you monitor the CPU load?)

I have several 1080p25 m2ts files here, created with my Panasonic camera. plays nicely.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

cpu load is low... can not say exactly how low, but not over ~40%. MP takes a load of 10-30.

i use the MPCVideo for most HD content. i can upload the sample if you want, but its about 80MB.

EDIT:
    How could you explain the difference between Windows Media Player and MP playback?

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

I noticed that zapping speed is noticebly slower compared to 1.0.2.
    For testing I just removed the prefer AC3 audio setting which improves zapping speed a lot.
    Is this an inherent necessity or simply a bug?

Regarads,
    grubi.

Should not be slower. Please attach logs with and without prefer AC3.
    Fixing another issue could do something on this. I would like to check.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

@infinityloop: There is a small text problem in the NL (dutch) strings file. "<String id="63">Initialiseren van invoer apparaten...<tabs here></String>"
    This gives 2 squares. Should be "<String id="63">Initialiseren van invoer apparaten...</String>"

Greetings and thanks for this SVN. My testing is just only the CI menu right check popups and the freezing TV issue (skipping back+forward fixes it).
    I'm still running on XP3 and it's more stable then ever on last 553 SVN. Hope these issues are fixed.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

For testing I just removed the prefer AC3 audio setting which improves zapping speed a lot.

Regarads,
    grubi.

0002591: Slow zapping when the "Prefer AC-3 sound" option is enabled - MediaPortal Bugtracker

But it has been confirmed to not to be an issue currently... maybe it still is... so logs... please...

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Regarads,
    grubi.

Here we are.
    First some zapping with AV3 prefer off, then the same zapping with option turned on.
    I only chose unscambled channels.

Regards,
    grubi.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Hi,

with this SVN MP seems to hang machine on automatic standby (after 5 min. in my setting). It just shuts down MP and then I can see as usual the windows dialoge: "Windows is preparing for standby" but then nothing happens anymore. I even cant open the task manager or do anything else, it just seems for me as if my machine hangs. But when I standby MP using my remote, then it works without problems, so it seems to appear only when MP is idle!? This was no problem in last svn.

Logs attached, hope there is something cause I had to reset my machine on the hanging standby dialogue:
    View attachment 53085

Anybody a clue if thios is a ne introduced bug?

Regards
    ARE2

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

i use the MPCVideo for most HD content. i can upload the sample if you want, but its about 80MB.
    aaahhhh!!! you talk about their h.264 codec, not the one (MPC-MPV) bundled with MediaPortal, right?

How could you explain the difference between Windows Media Player and MP playback?
    i guess that it uses a different codec.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Regarads,
    grubi.

0002591: Slow zapping when the "Prefer AC-3 sound" option is enabled - MediaPortal Bugtracker

But it has been confirmed to not to be an issue currently... maybe it still is... so logs... please...

Yep,and i still can't confirm that,zapping speed is the same here with AC-3 option disabled or enabled...SD--->SD is almost instant here (sameTP) and HD --> HD is 2-3 seconds ...and for me MP has never been that fast

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

sorry... you are right. I mean the h264 codec ;)

i promise, I double checked everything with graphedit! MP and Windows Media Player are using the same codecs on this file! The MPC-MPA and the h.264 codec of MPC. And if I connect to the remote graph of MP and use this to play the file, it runs smooth within graphedit.

Are there any background processes within MP? Could it be the Thumbnail thing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom