MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegunzo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2008
    Sauðárkrókur
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

I have now confirmed an issue with DVB-EPG on my DVB-S card.

See

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24553-rar-75169/index19.html#post555268

I hooked up my Digital Satelite Receiver and was able to view the EPG for a whole week. In epg.log I see

2010-01-09 17:19:06.510125 [EPG Update thread]: TimeshiftingEpgGrabber: Fitness TV lastUpdate:1.1.2000 00:00:00
    2010-01-09 17:19:06.744500 [EPG Update thread]: - Inserted 2 epg entries for channel Fitness TV​

But this should be epg data for a whole week. My DVB-T EPG is working correctly. Running "Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2" card and watching "28.2°E Eurobird 1 Astra 2A,2B,2D"

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

You could try to disable the CRC check in tvserver config -> epg settings

dobyken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 8, 2009
    Florida Gulf Coast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I am useing the HD homerun tuners and the last two SVNs make them show as DVB-C cards. I am from the States and need them to be ATSC. How do I change them/what logs/more info do you need fom me?

Mine is showing up as ATSC with the last 2 SVN's. I assume you tried everything already such as ensuring that HDHR setup has Digital Antenna as the source and MediaPortal is the application. Did you try uninstalling all the HDHomerun software and deleting the tuners from MediaPortal? Are there any settings I can look up on my computer that might help you? I'm using XP SP3.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

I'm getting 'unknown error' returned with my DVB-S HVR4000 card. I can stop and start TV server and it resolves the issue immediately. It will then run fine for an indeterminate amount of time, then start producing the error. Logs attached.

I'm also getting a few problems with the client, but I'll have to get logs for those later, this post is for the above issue. I get crashing ('Mediaportal has stopped working'), watchdog then produces a .NET error. I'm also getting strange problems with occasional long delays on channel changes, a shame, because this SVN is lightening quick now when the planets are all aligned.

Logs are attached for DVB-S issue. It happened at about 17:40.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I am useing the HD homerun tuners and the last two SVNs make them show as DVB-C cards. I am from the States and need them to be ATSC. How do I change them/what logs/more info do you need fom me?

Mine is showing up as ATSC with the last 2 SVN's. I assume you tried everything already such as ensuring that HDHR setup has Digital Antenna as the source and MediaPortal is the application. Did you try uninstalling all the HDHomerun software and deleting the tuners from MediaPortal? Are there any settings I can look up on my computer that might help you? I'm using XP SP3.

Are you useing QAM? I have mine set to digital cable in the HDHR set up. There is a setion for media where I tried setting it to Medaportal/MCE and other ATSC/QAM with same results. I couldn't find a way to delete the tuner from inside Mediaportal. I can only edit the DVB-C parameters.

I'll try uninstall/reinstall of HD software. Thanks!

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

First problem for me and new to this SVN.

TV works fine on the TVServer PC but I just get a blank screen when I try to view it on a client PC and get this error in the TVlog :

Code:
    2010-01-09 12:58:38.452148 [RTSP Streaming thread]: Exception   :System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
       at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamRun()
       at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.workerThread()

I'm trying to diagnose this problem. How do I access "Debug options" and specifically - how do I force RTSP?

Ian​

kzvscx

Portal Member
    February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Ok, this issue has been with MP a very long time and I hope that this could bring some light into the issue since this is the only reason I turned to the dark side of MD***. I tried different OSs, drivers, firmwares and different CA modules. They all show the same behaviour. I got 2 floppydtvs and they both drop the CAM.

The problem has got an ugly workaround and that is to have CI.exe from DE running in the background. This is by far no solution and other issues comes into play when using it. The time MP has a connection with the CAM varies from time to time but mostly it's just seconds for me. Pulling the CAM out and reinserting it solves the issue for the moment but after just a few seconds it's back again. Previewing channels in tvsetup after making sure the CI menu (in tvsetup) is accessible is no problem at all for a short period of time. After that, the CI menu is inaccessible.

This is just a few threads with people experiencing this with floppydtv cards:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rver-90/flopptdtv-loses-connection-cam-70120/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...annels-sometimes-working-sometimes-not-71653/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tostartgraph-after-tuning-scrambled-ch-46600/

So to help with this issue here's some logs, don't let the tv.log confuse you with the initial detection of MD***. That is a leftover from the past and is now properly uninstalled.

Please please help or let me help you more :(

I have a FloppyDTv-T with CAM : no issue at all. It's runnign latest firmware and latest drivers.

Simone

to chemelli,

I am afraid that I also have the same issue. I have FloppyDTV S2 and I run it on Vista 32. Of course I use latest drivers and firmware for FloppyDTV.

Nevrtheless I am facing the same problem. It totaly kills WAF...

I have noticed that when I start MP and then start watching LiveTV from a scrambled channel MP works OK and decodes the channels well!

If I start MP and then start watching liveTV from an FTA channel and after a while I try to switch to a scrambled chanel MP is uable to decode and play it. I get a message that the chanel is scrambled and after that I must reboot the HTPC in order to be able to watch scrambled channels again. The FTA channels on the other hand continue to play without a reboot...

I would love to see this problem solved...

Thanks for the great work so far!!!

Chris

Note, The problem can be found in the logs at 16h, 37min, 09 secs when I switched to ALFA TV.

Edit> cam sw up to date as well

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

kzvscx,

which CAM are you using ?

Simone