MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Hi Disaster123!

Why don't you copy the mysleeptimer.dll from your last backup (I'm pretty sure you have a backup) to the plugin folder within MP?

I think this is the only needed file for mysleeptimer plugin.

I use it also and wihtout this plugin, MP in bedroom is not usefull ;)

EDIT:
    Or copy the files from your backup to the new install.
    OK ... infinityloop is faster :D

cu

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

I cannot install any old MPE1 file / installer. It says starting old MPE1 installer and then always a file not found exception.

Hi Seems to be a bug in this SVN. I have the same problem.
    But it only seems to happen when you double ckick the mpe file.
    When launching the installer from startmenu and then choosing the mpe file it works for me.

Give it a try.

TheThunder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Dont worry hoborg... i think it wasnt saf... cause the problem still appears ;-) Its a ProjectX "bug" or lets say ProjectX is to "Dirty"

jomed

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007

Just a small suggestion regarding the removed plugin installation page from the config program. Despite some possible advantages from a programmer's point of view, from a user perspective the seperate install tool is definitely the inferior solution. One well organized app for configuring everything is definitely better and easier to handle than various programs for different configuration options.

So, my suggestion would be a simple button in the plugin section that launches the plugin installation tool. The most obvoius benefit if this would be that people new to Mediaportal wouldn't have to 'learn' about the existence of a seperate installation tool.
    Sorry?

You just need to download the extension, and doubleclick the file. The Extensionsinstaller ist started then automatically, and the skin/plugin/whatever gets installed.

Or do you mean something else? :confused:

No, no, that was exactly what I meant. And while you're absolutely right regarding installing plugins (don't know why I didn't think of this, having done it this way many times myself), the matter still remains for updating/uninstalling plugins. At least if I don't miss anything again.

Surely the proposed button wouldn't be the most important thing that could happen to MediaPortal, but to me it still looks like a small improvement. ;-)

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey guys,

I have a reproducable problem with this build: Switching between certain HD channels lets MP crash.
    My setup:
    Win7 64
    CoreAVC 2.0 codec
    Skystar HD2 DVBS2 card
    Astra 19.2

Steps to reproduce:
    Start MP, enter TV on an SD channel, switch to "Das Erste HD", then to "Servus TV HD".

Had issues with switching between HD channels with the previous builds also, so this may not be a new problem. The behavior was not that clear, however.

Thanks for this great software!

CU,
    Sepp.

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

...and there's another bug that has been in place for a long time: Pressing the "All Grouped" button in the DVB EPG section of TV Service Setup checks some random channels that are not present in any group in addition to the group channels. I.e. the grouped ones are all fine, but there are additional channels checked.
    This applies to the TV and the Radio section.

Would logs be of any help here?

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Just a small suggestion regarding the removed plugin installation page from the config program. Despite some possible advantages from a programmer's point of view, from a user perspective the seperate install tool is definitely the inferior solution. One well organized app for configuring everything is definitely better and easier to handle than various programs for different configuration options.

So, my suggestion would be a simple button in the plugin section that launches the plugin installation tool. The most obvoius benefit if this would be that people new to Mediaportal wouldn't have to 'learn' about the existence of a seperate installation tool.
    Sorry?

You just need to download the extension, and doubleclick the file. The Extensionsinstaller ist started then automatically, and the skin/plugin/whatever gets installed.

Or do you mean something else? :confused:

No, no, that was exactly what I meant. And while you're absolutely right regarding installing plugins (don't know why I didn't think of this, having done it this way many times myself), the matter still remains for updating/uninstalling plugins. At least if I don't miss anything again.

Surely the proposed button wouldn't be the most important thing that could happen to MediaPortal, but to me it still looks like a small improvement. ;-)

Please provide a patch that fixes all bugs and plugin handling might be added again to config tool. Reason for removing is that uninstall and update was not working at all and we should promote this new installer tool to be used for plugin handling.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

...and there's another bug that has been in place for a long time: Pressing the "All Grouped" button in the DVB EPG section of TV Service Setup checks some random channels that are not present in any group in addition to the group channels. I.e. the grouped ones are all fine, but there are additional channels checked.
    This applies to the TV and the Radio section.

Would logs be of any help here?

Always, and mandatory to get support. Fullstop.

Simone

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok :)

here are the logs of that "all grouped" issue. A channel named "RADIO 3" is an example that is in none of my Radio groups.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom