MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-22-2009 14-53h - Revision:22029.rar (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Music database / prefix strip

Hello,

did a reinstall of 1.0 + latest SVN and rebuilt the music database completely from scratch. Unfortunately I forgot to tick the "strip prefixes" and consequently the number of artists that start with "The" was of course significant.

So far so good, however, I have not found a way to remove the prefixes. Ticking the option and rescanning is not changing anything. Deleting the musicdatabase.* in AllUsers\...\Mediaportal and rescanning with the activated strip option leads to the same result. I also noticed that the artist pictures are only randomly created, in my case roughly 15 out of 350. These 15 came in relatively fast, however, there is no change for the rest.

Any hint how to get rid of the "The"? What am I doing wrong?

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

zanlation

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Is this a new bug? When I scroll to the end of the big icons in myvideos, the list starts again, but without the folder.jpg files.

AlexP0wr

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    In the error.log i find the following two exceptions when playing a blueray rip. Movie info:

General:
    Filename.: Vanishing.Point.1971.1080p.BluRay.DXVA.DTS.x264-PiMP
    Format...: Matroska
    File size: 11.5 GiB
    Duration.: 1h 38mn
    Subtitles: Dutch and English

Video:
    Format...: AVC at 14.5 Mbps
    Aspect...: 1920 x 1040 (1.846)
    Framerate: 23.976fps
    Encoded..: CRF

Audio:
    Format...: DTS
    Bitrate..: 1 536 Kbps
    Channels.: 6 channels, 48.0 KHz
    Language.: eng
    Encoded..: Core extracted from DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1(eac3to)

Error.log:

2009-03-28 10:02:34.806000 [ERROR][MPMain]: SelectSubtitleLanguage - unable to build CultureInfo, make sure MediaPortal.xml is not corrupted! - System.ArgumentException: Culture name 'dutch' is not supported.
    Parameter name: name
    at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord..ctor(String cultureName, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord.GetCultureTableRecord(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.SelectSubtitles()
    2009-03-28 10:02:35.251000 [ERROR][MPMain]: SelectAudioLanguage - unable to build CultureInfo, make sure MediaPortal.xml is not corrupted! - System.ArgumentException: Culture name 'english' is not supported.
    at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord..ctor(String cultureName, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord.GetCultureTableRecord(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.SelectAudioLanguage()

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    having problems with tv server and configuration.. got errors of a kind "cannot check tv service status, connection actively refused"..
    cannot have full log for this atm because this condition, tvservice was ran twice and then the server kindof crashed and i can't restart it before weekend..
    before you ask, yes i do have two lines in hosts file and rpc locator service is set to automatic..
    i'm running singleseat and in gentle config i tried with: 1. hostname, 2. 127.0.0.1, 3. localhost, 4. 192.168.1.12.. none worked correctly ...

also analog problems described here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/391428-post138.html still exist in this svn too :(

hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

netstat after starting the server (port 31457)???
    TCP conroe:31457 conroe:0 LISTENING

starting the server and after that starting configuration log included..

Flippy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hi was using 1.0 with tvserver and clinet working on timeshif tv. But then i upgraded to this svn and i now get the following error "timeshift failed- unknown error occured" if i try to test in the tvserver config i get unknown error occured only. I tryed going back to 1.0 and it worked fine again.

The reason im trying this svn is that i cant get the latest ir server suite to work with 1.0 but it works fine with svn. And the other versuon of ir server suite does not have my stb :)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    subtitles dont work anymore, or more specific.. vobsub doesnt work anymore.
    SRT is present, pressing yellow button does nothing..

It works fine outside of MP.

With integrated subs (as in MKV) within mediaportal , when pressing yellow, it does show the languages but never shows any subs.

Multiseat setup is what I run .

Any ideas ? or any other people experiencing the same problem ?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    2009-03-28 10:02:35.251000 [ERROR][MPMain]: SelectAudioLanguage - unable to build CultureInfo, make sure MediaPortal.xml is not corrupted! - System.ArgumentException: Culture name 'english' is not supported.
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.SelectAudioLanguage()

Did you make a clean install before testing SVN? Looks like there is incorrect data in the MediaPortal.xml file. "english" should be "EN".

GagReflex

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    SVHS in using TV Server??

For the life of me I can't work this out... When I attempt to use the Analogue SVHS in on my Dvico Fusion card I get the following error when I try to preview the channel:

Preview failed:UknownError

I can view the input without a problem using Dvico's own software so I know it's not a driver issue, also the DVB-T functions of the card work without a hitch.

The card is a FusionHDTV DVB-T and the drivers are FusionHDTV 3.68.04

Has anyone managed to get the analogue inputs on any card working via TVserver?.. If so, what DVB-T card should I buy :) I really want to be able to input from an external source and view it in a multi seat environment, but I've hit a major brick wall. ANY help/suggestions/sympathy would be welcome!

Thanks heaps.. Logs are attached.

John..

Attachments

• tv.zip
      30.6 KB

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    (Un)Pause is still broken for me. I can unpause a movie with the spacebar on my keyboard, but if I press pause on my harmony (configured as Microsoft MCE remote) and press pause again or play, it skips back to the movie/series selection and marks it as watched even if I've only watched a few seconds. I've tested in mp tvseries and moving pictures with blue3wide. Could be a codec issue, because it doesn't occur with divx and does with mkv but on the other hand, pausing with the keyboard works, so what's the difference?

Hate to bump my own post, but I just wanted to say that I tried mediaportal 1.0 on my laptop, same codecs, same config and there pause on my harmony and my mce remote works normally. The Microsoft MCE.xml is the same in both installations and I don't have a custom edit somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom