MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-04-25-2008 22-38h - Revision:18951 (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Snoopy08

The problem is that when i try to scan MP just crashes and i get the blue screen

If your getting BSOD's then you have a major driver issue, which one, your guess is as good as mine, the scan may only be the trigger.

That may be why you cannot solve this.

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ehm sometimes , i am asking myself why we add those information before we release somethings.
    MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - RC1 SVN builds started
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...008-22-38h-revision-18951-a-38818/#post260030

It's okay to not see something once. But after pointing to the information, like ronilse did it in his post, should not be ignored again.

Sorry but it is helping you all and us, if you would read the infos, before installing anythings.

regards
    chefkoch

and i am sure this was not the last post regarding this problem

moin

i have of course read it, but i don t understood the consequences of the readings:)
    there was only spoken from a new scheme whatever. i don t understood, that it was meand, that tv-server wil create a new empty database and i will loose all my channels after installing the svn! this was not clear enough explained!
    first after installing the new svn, i saw the chaos. then i began to think about the readings with this scheme and mantis usw.
    so i found the solution to switch back to tvlibrary.

well, you make a really good job with mediaportal. i honor that. but plse try to see it from the view of an enduser!
    i am no dev. short explanations a dev might understund with the first read, are not so clear for an normal enduser:D

plse try to explain such things better, to avoid such happenings.

wish all a nice weekend.

greetings

parkuhr

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    After installing the snapshot and starting Mediaportal the main screen is not in focus (so MP won't react to the remote signals). After pressing "Home" on my MCE remote it is in focus again. This bug maybe caused by the "Splashscreen becomes windowed with "Not Responding" Message" - fix.

If you have selected "Always on top" in Configuration then its fine. However I don't want to use this feature (bad sideeffects in Vista - going back to Desktop for a second if you load a video or starting a visualization in MyMusic).

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tv-server often crashes...

hi there.

have installed new svn. tv-server is often crashing. it even not helps, to kill it and restart it.
    i often get the message: clould not start timeshift. no free card is avaible. if i look then to the card status, the tvcard is in the most cases of this error message, ideling. so the card is doeing nothing.

i have some logs attached.

greetings

parkuhr

p.s. sorry for my bad english:D

stefancrs

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    After installing the snapshot and starting Mediaportal the main screen is not in focus (so MP won't react to the remote signals). After pressing "Home" on my MCE remote it is in focus again. This bug maybe caused by the "Splashscreen becomes windowed with "Not Responding" Message" - fix.

If you have selected "Always on top" in Configuration then its fine. However I don't want to use this feature (bad sideeffects in Vista - going back to Desktop for a second if you load a video or starting a visualization in MyMusic).

Heh, for me it was the other way around! It was out of focus if I had checked "always on top", unchecking it fixed the issue. This on XP though.

BTW! Developers! Very good build! I skipped RC1 stable and jumped directly from an 0.2.3 SVN to installing RC1, and without using it, installing this SVN. Both installs were very simple and totally glitch free! Everything is working just fine so far! Except maybe for the above focus issue :)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found a small issue.
    I have 2 floppy DVB-C, so i can record 2 frequencies (max 2 times 4 records).

But i do something like this:
    Last Sunday i recorded 8 show at once, work great (record series for all)
    But on mondays, 2 of those shows broadcast a new episode.
    When I then want to record a new program, it say it cannot do this, because there is nothing free.
    But I should be able to record some programs on the same frequency, right?

It looks to me that the algorithm to check an available card this is wrong, in this case.
    It should be something like:
    - If there exists a scheduled recording overlapping the new recording AND the frequency of the overlapping recording is equal to the recording of the new recording, try to add the recording, to the new recording.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Did I miss the option for the backup?
    If not and it's compulsory, pease make this OPTIONAL!
    I install MP on a seperate drive, with the OS on it's own. This means I can do stuff with the OS independantly of MP.
    This SVN seems to have backed up about 400Mb on the system drive AND about 100Mb on the MP drive!
    (and took blummin ages doing it too!)
    FYI - I have an automated backup procedue sending to a 3Gb NAS box - I don't need this :)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Did I miss the option for the backup?
    If not and it's compulsory, pease make this OPTIONAL!
    I install MP on a seperate drive, with the OS on it's own. This means I can do stuff with the OS independantly of MP.
    This SVN seems to have backed up about 400Mb on the system drive AND about 100Mb on the MP drive!
    (and took blummin ages doing it too!)
    FYI - I have an automated backup procedue sending to a 3Gb NAS box - I don't need this :)

I think you missed it because there is an option for the backup (where you choose what you want to install).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have installed new svn. tv-server is often crashing. it even not helps, to kill it and restart it.

From your log:
    Code:
    ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 0, SIGNAL QUALITY: 26 *****
    ss2:could not lock tuner

Please make sure your hardware is working and your satellite dish is aligned correctly before you even try any software.
    Btw: There's no crash of tvservice at all in your log!?

spEKTre

April 25, 2008
    Home Country
    I have a small problem that is probably easily fixed but here goes....I have the HVR-2200 and after I scan the channels and map to a card it all works perfectly, after a reboot in MyTV the channels are there but I get this "Channel not mapped to card" error and it wont display any tv even though the EPG is running and showing all the programs up to watch. Is there some save config button or somethign I am missing I hit ok after setup DVT and it appears to have been saved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom