MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-09-2008 19-58h - Revision:19069 (3 Viewers)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any chance of going back to where you used to list the bugs fixed in the SVN? It was useful to see if it was worth installing this one, or waiting til the next...

SVN builds aren't "worthy feature packages" but meant for testing purposes only.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1 + SVN 19069
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 + SVN 19069
    MediaPortal Skin: Mono (modifyed Monochrome)
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate 32Bit - German
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
    HDD: 300 GB HD + 750GB for TimeShift & TV Recordings
    Memory: 2048 MB
    Motherboard: ASUS P5VD2-X
    Video Card: AMD HD3650 / 1920x1080p 50Hz 32Bit, Driver 8.3
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: AMD HD3650 - HDMI
    Sound Card AC3: AMD HD3650 - HDMI
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.N
    2. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    2. TV Card Driver: 4.5.N
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 7.3 Ultra + latest patch
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA - latest from SVN
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 7.3 Ultra + latest patch
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E & Hotbird 16°E
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
    Cooling: No Fans! (...only 1 for the CPU)
    Power Supply: Silent one, without Fans
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 785
    TV: Samsung LE-46N87BD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, i have now a issue with the direct recording.

if i try to record the show with the R button, the message appears a few second later that the show are recorded... in the reality nothing is recording :(

But, if i restart MP (not the tv server9 the recording will immediately start (???)

And i cant watch a channel which are currenly recorded or switch to fullscreen.

any tips?

thx
    MoPhat

urev

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2005
    Germany
    new tuning parameters in germany-bonn

In Germany some frequences were changed, at least in Köln/Bonn:

<country name="Germany - Köln/Bonn" offset="125">
    <carrier frequency="514000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    <carrier frequency="538000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    <carrier frequency="594000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    <carrier frequency="698000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    <carrier frequency="706000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    <carrier frequency="730000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    </country>

for me, an offset="0" is better.

bye., urev

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,
    Why blame MP when it's you that have edited MediaPortal.xml & made a mistake which breakes it?

Btw, no matter how well we make MP around that, duplicated entries can't be handled that easy without much coding & will probably cause slowness on load, so use MP configuration as it should or edit & delete it if not solveable & @ end please do not report & blame MP for that ;)

Ok, the error it's "<entry name="code9">GMXX0087</entry>" or something else around weather,

Regards
    Roy

Roy,
    Sorry if it sounded like I was blaming MP. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to write error handlers, and that this effort is better used for conditions that can reasonably be expected rather than to protect people who mess around with config files from their own mistakes.
    The reason that I even resorted to this was that I couldn't get weather for Washington, DC through the MP Configuration GUI, so I tried to port my weather settings from my old 0.2.3.0 installation.
    After uninstalling completely (including reg. keys, etc.) reinstalling 1.0 RC1 refresh and then thje current SVN, everything worked fine, except that I will have to rebuild the music DB.
    In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I still had TV channels, despite the dire warnings!
    Anyway, please accept my apologies for posting first and investigating later, and
    :D for putting your finger on my mistake so quickly. After correcting it I now have a nice list of resources in My Weather, including Washington, DC!

SpiffBB

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2006
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: MP 1 RC1 + SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: B2W
    Windows Version: Vista Home Basic SP1 with all updates
    CPU Type: Intel C2D 3ghz
    HDD: Samsung SATA 200gb
    Memory: 2x1024 Corsair
    Motherboard: Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    Video Card: Intel GMA X3500 (integrated)
    Video Card Driver: Latest Intel
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC883 (integrated HDMI)
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD
    h.264 Video Codec: FFDSHOW
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer (DVB-T)
    HTPC Case: Accent HT-400
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Elan Vital 400w semi-passive
    Remote: MS MCE v2
    TV: Plasma LG 50"
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello

Try to solve this strange bug and I will be impressed....
    Se my spec - Im running native resolution of my monitor (1366x768) and that is a bit of a trick with Intel grafic card (you have to use DTD Calculator witch is a custom resolution tool for Intel cards that can be found on avsforums). For a time I had problem with the computer (allways on, just turning off receiver and monitor then not in use) that sometimes under night it changed reolution from my custom 1366x768 to 1280x1024 or something simular. With the latest driver that isnt a problem any more and the last mounth with MP 2.3+SVN everything worked great. Then I switched to MP 1 (problem with clean install and all SVN:s) the problem is sort of back but ONLY in MP! Then I start the monitor and receiver I can see that the program is running wrong resolution (grapic looks ugly) and if I play a movie all aspects get wrong (seams it is on 4:3 resolution on my 16:9 monitor). However if I kill MP the desktop is correct and then I restart MP everything is correct.

So by leaving the computer on but not in use it often changes resolution in MP (but not Vista), to fix it I have to restart MP.

Logs attatched.

Regards
    Oscar

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MyWeather logic

Can anybody tell me what the Button "Sattelit" (German) is for after selecting the "Wetter" button in MyWeather main menu. For me it seems that it simply does the same as the refresh button. Also why is the top button on this screen labled "Sonnenuhr"? IMHO it should be consitent if the top button is labled what is currently shown or what will be shown if you select it and not mixed.

Regards,
    grubi.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any chance of going back to where you used to list the bugs fixed in the SVN? It was useful to see if it was worth installing this one, or waiting til the next...

SVN builds aren't "worthy feature packages" but meant for testing purposes only.

That is true, but it's still nice to see whether a previous problem has been fixed in the SVN release... No chance of doing this again then? It was most helpful...

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That is true, but it's still nice to see whether a previous problem has been fixed in the SVN release... No chance of doing this again then? It was most helpful...

What's wrong with the links I posted as an answer to your first question about this on page one of this thread?

grubi.

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: MP 1 RC1 + SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: B2W
    Windows Version: Vista Home Basic SP1 with all updates
    CPU Type: Intel C2D 3ghz
    HDD: Samsung SATA 200gb
    Memory: 2x1024 Corsair
    Motherboard: Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    Video Card: Intel GMA X3500 (integrated)
    Video Card Driver: Latest Intel
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC883 (integrated HDMI)
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD
    h.264 Video Codec: FFDSHOW
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer (DVB-T)
    HTPC Case: Accent HT-400
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Elan Vital 400w semi-passive
    Remote: MS MCE v2
    TV: Plasma LG 50"
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello

Try to solve this strange bug and I will be impressed....
    Se my spec - Im running native resolution of my monitor (1366x768) and that is a bit of a trick with Intel grafic card (you have to use DTD Calculator witch is a custom resolution tool for Intel cards that can be found on avsforums). For a time I had problem with the computer (allways on, just turning off receiver and monitor then not in use) that sometimes under night it changed reolution from my custom 1366x768 to 1280x1024 or something simular. With the latest driver that isnt a problem any more and the last mounth with MP 2.3+SVN everything worked great. Then I switched to MP 1 (problem with clean install and all SVN:s) the problem is sort of back but ONLY in MP! Then I start the monitor and receiver I can see that the program is running wrong resolution (grapic looks ugly) and if I play a movie all aspects get wrong (seams it is on 4:3 resolution on my 16:9 monitor). However if I kill MP the desktop is correct and then I restart MP everything is correct.

So by leaving the computer on but not in use it often changes resolution in MP (but not Vista), to fix it I have to restart MP.

Logs attatched.

Regards
    Oscar

Hi !

I had the exact same problem!

Solution : kill the three intel autostart programs (igfx something) and the problem is gone!

Hope it works out for you to!

Best regards,

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

What's wrong with the links I posted as an answer to your first question about this on page one of this thread?

grubi.

Oh I'm so sorry, I completely missed that! Perfect, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom