MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-31-2008 14-18h - Revision:19228.rar (2 Viewers)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i get "global search" ,"game menu" and "extra menu" as new plugins, did not have them before. But when i try to open them, it says there is no skin file available. what are they?

Those came with the monochrome / indigo skin you've installed.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    Okay, so virtually nothing has been changed which could introduce that from our side.
    Have there been any Vista updates recently? Could you try to reproduce with last week's SVN? (Of course not using an old image as I suspect any recent system change to cause this).

There was no update for Vista. The SVN from 23.05.2008 runs without problems (I backup always the latest installments).

MarkD

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The two files did not fix anything. The previous SVN worked fine until I went to sleep last night. But something else is drawing my attention, my IMon software does not start up properly when starting up the computer (it's started from the startup folder). This issue started at the same time.

I will revert to the previous SVN to see if the error goes away.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i get "global search" ,"game menu" and "extra menu" as new plugins, did not have them before. But when i try to open them, it says there is no skin file available. what are they?

Those came with the monochrome / indigo skin you've installed.

:oops: sorry then, i thought i had not seen them before. but that absolutely correct i have monochrome install for when i use cd slayer.

thanks !!:D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rtv

could you please have a look at my failure? Or could tell me if you need more information.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Core 3 seems to fix it. I had that same problem here too.. tested also those 2 files you posted before but problem was still there.

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello to the MediaPortal Team,

just a great work.
    I use the TV Server.

I think there are two little issues:

1. If I import the Channel list "export.xml" (look at the Attachment) there comes the message that there are existing channeles detected. Although I used the Clear button before. Looking at the Channel List in the Configuration of the TV Server evry channel is only one times there. But if I now use The TV client there is always each channel two times. (look at the Attachment)

2. If the name of a Program is to long it looks realy bad in the TV Client channel selecting Menu (look at the Attachment). This is only with the Blue Two Wide skin

But you did a hard work.

Thank you for that:D

yours
    weissollo

Attachments

• Looks bad.JPG
      Looks bad.JPG
      60.6 KB
    • channel is two times there.JPG
      channel is two times there.JPG
      64.7 KB
    • export.xml
      30.6 KB

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A simple file version check "locked" the quartz.dll - therefore MP's render device couldn't use it in those few milliseconds. Your systems were just "slow enough" to hit this exact time frame.

After running once the .NET intermediate code has been compiled - therefore further startups use the ready, fast binaries. This made MP startup fast enough that most people only got it directly after install or boot up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom