MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-13-2008 23-32h - Revision:19376.rar (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    BTW I'm referring to Windows Server 2003, not a beta SP. Perhaps the rules for that OS will be different?

You guys don't read the documentation :(
    Just to make a summary in the hope this is clear for everyone once forever:

Windows2000 and previous : locked out
    Windows XP SP1 : locked out
    Windows XP (64bit) : locked out
    Windows XP SP2 or up (32bit) : ok
    Windows Vista : warning
    Windows Vista SP1 : ok
    Windows 2003 : warning
    Windows 2008 : warning

Beta Service Packs : in this SVN they are locked out !

Simone

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    chemelli

Thanks for making it crystal clear, hopefully to everyones acceptance.

:D

Everyone else.

We need to be consistant on this, there are to many errors not MP related, caused by individuals ideas of a fully updated setup with Windows.
    If not sure check out the requirements page in the wiki.

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    More bugs?

Found one more thing when you push F9 after some days it will be slow like hell in that meny. When you push down i the meny it takes ablut 8sec before moving.
    If you push esc back all is good again? Is just the overlay f9 meny? If i restart mp its okej again and it happen again after some time.

And now i have installed 4 computers with the new build and none of them can use the R button for record. And they are on diffrent os and so on.

:oops:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Agreed, apart from w2ksp4 should be a warning. As an OS it still has full directx and .NET2.x support from MS and only falls behind XPsp2 for some minor compatability not that affects MPTVservice. Only the thre MS stream buffer engine files are missing (easy to get on the NET) and these aren't used by MP now.

If MP was fully .NET3.x reliant now then I wouldn't suggest the above.

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Small bug in last SVN - not noticed on previous SVNs.

When watching a video, hitting the right move button causes a timeline OSD to appear at the top of the screen. This OSD then allows the video to be skipped forward / backwards by preset time increments.

I noticed that the left hand side of the time line bar is badly drawn.

On my screen it appears that the timeline bar is drawn twice with an offset of say 5% of the screen width. Beause the bar is transsparent it appears badly drawn.

Anyone confirm this?

Kev

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for replying ;)

Yes I have the timeshift on the local disk now for testing, and it is the same. No error messages at all, just picture freeze. I can change channel, 4-5-6 seconds and suddenly freeze again.

Sounds like it's no related to timishifting problems then. I think I'd blame FireDTV-C now, is the problem with free or encrypted channels or both, can you try it without using Conax?

And what drivers and firmware are you using with FireDTV?

I have updated all drivers and firmware to the latest version, have actually not tested any free channels when this error occurs. This I will do next time it happens (I have only two - three free channels).

Yesterday it did happen, and I started the CI tool from FireDTV, and then suddenly it startet working again without needing a reboot. I will now run this tool in the systray and leave it active to see if the problem goes away.

Will report after more testing.

Thanks! :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    You guys don't read the documentation :(
    Just to make a summary in the hope this is clear for everyone once forever:

I haven't read the documentation recently, sorry. Thanks for the clarification. If there is anything I can help with as a keen WS2003k user then please just ask.

Frank Heuric

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2006
    Allgaeu near Bodensee
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the Dual Sat Pro PCI, Pinnacle do not offert WDM Drivers.
    BDA Drivers do not support Dissecq.
    Pinnacle only supports theyre own Software, but the software makes my Computer (AMD XP64 3000+) hang or crash, because Pinnacle Software needs more resources, than my computer could give....
    shortly: Pinnacle is Bull.....it!

But I've got this Card and want it to work.

The DVBViewer is able, to switch dissecq with this card. But I prefer MP, because it's more Comfortable for me and my wife...

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Vista SP1 Beta is going to be locked out within the next 13 days anyway. People with SP1 Beta should hurry to deinstall it.
    And who would seriously use a beta sp in a productive system?

runarius

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm getting really terrible quality on all my videos suddenly after installing this svn. When playing video in other video players, it works great(windows media player). Using ffdshow as the decoder with post prossessing. I will go back to an older svn now and check if it will be resolved then.

Update, yes, downgrading to previous svn solved the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom