MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-27-2008 19-25h - Revision:19510.rar (1 Viewer)

jalokim

Portal Member
June 19, 2008
Home Country
Poland Poland
I just updated the HD file for Hotbird 13°E on SVN.
Please try the attached one and report back.

Ok, I see 13E HDTV file, but after scanning transponders I cannot find Canal+ Film and Canal+ Film HD channels (others HD channels have appeared).

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I just updated the HD file for Hotbird 13°E on SVN.
    Please try the attached one and report back.

Ok, I see 13E HDTV file, but after scanning transponders I cannot find Canal+ Film and Canal+ Film HD channels (others HD channels have appeared).

Good. Now check the file I provided and kingofsat site and see if something is missing ;)

Simone

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Had an issue with this last SVN. I had exported my TV channels to an XML file. I even remembered to copy the file to a safe place on my hard disk so that when I updated the TV server to the lastest SVN then my file didn't get deleted by the process (i've been caught out with this before). So I then installed the SVN files and ater a reboot (to be on the safe side) I re imported the export.xml file containing my sorted and grouped TV channels.

I noticed that some of my channels were then incorrectly labelled as encrypted (when in fact I had previously deleted encrypted channels as I have no means of decrypting them). I also note that some channels which worked perfectly before cannot now be watched. (e.g. BBC3). These throw the error (an unknown error has occurred - if that helps?????)

Could it be that the TV Channles export / re import mechanism is buggy????

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I also note that some channels which worked perfectly before cannot now be watched. (e.g. BBC3)

I do not think it likes the off air channels, is it the same for BBC4, usually works in reverse if after 7pm then its cbbc & cbeebies that have errors.

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    I hear you re BBC3,4 only being available after 7.00pm. But my observations were made at 9.00pm. BBC3 and 4 were transmitting then (as confirmed by standalone skybox) - yet I get the error.

Is your experience with TV channel export / reimport on new SVN always successful?

Kev

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Attachments

• Canal+.jpg
      Canal+.jpg
      89.2 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    KevL

Just tried the import\export feature, could not get it to fail, tried 5 times with stopping\starting tvservice just to make sure it registered the changes ok.

Then went through channels to make sure they where there, have not seen any other posts recently regarding this problem.

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Many thanks.

Not sure what I could have done wrong.

As I say, I created export.xml from RC1 + previous SVN, Installed new SVN, reimported export.xml.

Found some channels wrongly labelled encrypted, some channels no longer work.

Anyway thanks for trying.

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom