MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-07-04-2008 12-31h - Revision:19574.rar (2 Viewers)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    metropolis and all others who have problems switching between SD<->HD video:
    Please try the attached TsReader.ax filter.
    This should solve your problems.
    Please report back how it works for you.
    :D

It works....better. :)

Sometimes the switch between SD<->HD now works, however MediaPortal crashes quiet often right now.
    It seems to have something to do witch switching from HD back to FTC (Free-to-cable) channel. Switching from HD to encoded channel works (as far as I could tell in this short time). Logs of the last attempt are attached.

Please try again with subtitles disabled

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    metropolis and all others who have problems switching between SD<->HD video:
    Please try the attached TsReader.ax filter.
    This should solve your problems.
    Please report back how it works for you.

Won't work for me. The funny thing is that there are only a few channels for me that don't show up after switching from a H264-channel (with this TSreader.ax and the old one from July 4rd svn).

For example: (Astra 19.2 East)

Arte HD -> ZDF works
    Arte HD -> RTL Television works
    Arte HD -> Sat 1 works
    Arte HD -> Giga TV works

Arte HD -> Das Erste won't work
    Arte HD -> Bayerische FS won't work
    Arte HD -> hr Fernsehen won't work
    Arte HD -> SWR Fernsehen BW won't work

All SD-channels that won't work are on the same transponder. These channels however works if I switch between SD-channels.

This behaviour is reproducable for me all the time. I am using a FireDTV S2 with the latest firmware update from July 1st. I had no problem switching between this cannels with the SVN from 22.06.08. I am using PowerDVD 8 Cyberlink MPEG2 Codec, CoreAVC for H264, VMR9 modus.

Btw.: Arte HD = Free to air, same behaviour from other H264 channels like Anixe HD or Astra HDTV Promo.

csandml

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Jumpy HDTV (DVB-T) Anyone?

Howdy All

Has anybody else had similar issues, by any chance?

For the last four or five builds, i have been unable to watch smooth HDTV on DVB-T. I get really jumpy playback like it jumps several frames every few seconds on my HD channels (SD is fine). I have try the cyberlink, MPV and Purevideo (my usual) codecs with no luck. I have also tried messing with my GFX 3D settings, resolution, and hardware acceleration settings with no change.

If i go back to 05-31-2008 14-18h - Revision:19228, everything is perfect!!!
    I have tried each of the weekly builds since with the same result?

I am running XP Pro (latest updates), Gigabyte 7600 GS (NVidea) Graphics card and a Hauppauge Nova-t 500 DVB-t Card.

Could i be missing something obvious or could somebody suggest something else to try please?

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Even with TT and DVB Subs disabled, not working.

Logs again attached.

I don't know when this started happening, since I have only got HD channels since the start of Euro 2008. Maybe the problem is there quiet a while already.

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    I cant get HD channels to work at all, have been so for a long time, Ive submitted bugreports without anyone looking at it.

Unable to start graph is error message on the client

tswriter.log shows

08-07-2008 17:05:24.358 pmtgrabber: set callback:b6fef8
    08-07-2008 17:05:24.358 pmtgrabber: grab pmt:100 sid:ed9
    08-07-2008 17:05:34.608 del m_pVideoAnalyzer
    08-07-2008 17:05:34.608 analyzer: reset

and tv.log

2008-07-08 17:05:34.608246 [14]: subch:0 SetTimeShiftFileName no pmt received. Timeshifting failed

anyone have an idea what to look for? Ive re-installed, updated firmware for my FireDTV, drivers, all I can think of.
    Im getting the same error if I choose preview on the TVServer (multi-seat)

mij1525

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Splash Screen

Hey Guys,

Kind of strange question but I've upgrade to MP 1.0 from 0.2.3.0 a while back but my splash screen when loading the app still reads 0.2.3.0. I've disinstalled it, wiped it completely and reinstalled it updating to this svn, still the same thing. My config splash screen reads 1.0 like it should.

Am I missing something here?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @gemx and @tourettes
    When will your fixes be in the SVN?

If you mean the slow dialog / low FPS bug that one is scheduled for RC3. Its not a critical issue and changing something in the GUI engine is not wise so close to the release.

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    I have the exact same issue playing ISO files.
    I found an easier work around than
    stop, play, yes
    is
    pause and play
    or
    FF and then play.
    I had the problem since earlier SVN which I also posted. Very keen on a fix for this.

Question
    =======
    Should we be using IFOs instead of ISO images?
    I noticed that IFO was set up by default and they appear to work better with the IMDB.
    I am willing to convert to IFOs if it is the prefered format in Media Portal.

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    Hey Guys,

Kind of strange question but I've upgrade to MP 1.0 from 0.2.3.0 a while back but my splash screen when loading the app still reads 0.2.3.0. I've disinstalled it, wiped it completely and reinstalled it updating to this svn, still the same thing. My config splash screen reads 1.0 like it should.

Am I missing something here?

Same thing here. I had to revert to an image of my machine from before MP was installed. Then it worked. Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom