MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-09-2008 09-21h - Revision:19876.rar (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Since the last 2 SVN's when Hibernating my system overnight & the system needs to wake up again, MediaPortal does not start up (seems there is an issue with the TV service & powerscheduler possibly)

Are you using the "Restart MediaPortal on Resume" option in general settings?

grubi.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    "Restart MediaPortal on Resume" option is still broken.
    After resume MediaPortal hangs on restart.
    This has been reported multiple times including logs so will not include logs here again.
    Without this option you have reduced framerates in the gui also with ATI cards.
    I will switch back to the last working version.

Please test the old restart.vbs from the working SVN. Most likely XP doesnt have taskkill command, so most likely we need to use different command to kill the MP on XP & Vista.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please test the old restart.vbs from the working SVN. Most likely XP doesnt have taskkill command, so most likely we need to use different command to kill the MP on XP & Vista.

At least XP Professional does which is used in my case.

grubi.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    not this svn related but trying to fix my tvservice issues...

does tvservice priority setting under "general settings" make any difference? in that case, what difference may it be? i just want to make sure that setting is not important to fix my problem.

thanks

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Since the last 2 SVN's when Hibernating my system overnight & the system needs to wake up again, MediaPortal does not start up (seems there is an issue with the TV service & powerscheduler possibly)

grubi.

I have tried with it enabled & disabled - same result.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

grubi.

I have tried with it enabled & disabled - same result.

Hi,

same here :( And it doesn't work anymore since the last two SVNs for me... tried turning the autostart option to on and off, but nothing?! Mediaportal just doesn't start up automatically after hibernate. Only TV Service starts up fine.

Are2

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Can you all with restart issue make this quick test please:

- Start Mediaportal in window mode (Configuration->General->Untick start fullscreen)
    - Double click C:\Program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\restart.vbs

is MP killed and restarted or not ?

Simone

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Can you all with restart issue make this quick test please:

- Start Mediaportal in window mode (Configuration->General->Untick start fullscreen)
    - Double click C:\Program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\restart.vbs

is MP killed and restarted or not ?

And if not then please do the same testing with the older restart.vbs (with the SVN version that was previously working).

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,

just now I'm away from my equipment but later in the evening I'll try it. Thanks so far! Will post results.

Are2

maybeme

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Both the Home and Professional version of Windows XP come with the tool Tskill . In addition, XP Professional has the more powerful tool Taskkill.
    Source: Managing Windows XP Programs from the Command Line: Taskkill and Tskill

I think it's best to use PsKill, and distribute it along with MediaPortal
    PsKill v1.12
    It's a part of PsTools, which is a part of Windows Sysinternals, which is originally made by Mark Russinovich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom