MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-09-2008 09-21h - Revision:19876.rar | Page 4

Discussion in 'untested MediaPortal and TV-Server 1.0 RC2 svn-bui' started by MediaPortal-Bot, August 9, 2008.

1. grubi

grubi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi zdney.

To help you with this problem it is essential that you post logs. Also it would be very helpful if you enter your system specs in your profile and make it visible to the community. Further details can me found on the first post of this thread.

Thanks.

grubi.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. zdeny

zdeny Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi grubbi,
    I just wanted to know if it is my system/tvcard specific problem or if it is more general problem... If it happens only to me, we can let it be for now...
    Meanwhile, I went back to "good old" MP inbuild TV-Plugin; I'm using an analog tvcard with sw encoding (with Intervideo encoder) - and I discover that there is no way with this card to get better picture resolution than 320x240 in new MP client-server architecture...

Thank you for effort...

zdeny

4. grubi

grubi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    It did not happen with my system however there are so many factors that it would be speculation to say that it is not a more general problem. Logs would make things easier.

grubi.

5. pilotedge

pilotedge Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I cannot stop recording TV if I start a manual record.... I have attached my mediaportal log as looking at the TVServer log it doesnt seem to be getting a command to stop the recording....
    INcidently the record button in Manual Control is permanently greyed out so I cant try it that way, but through MP I can start the recording OK but when I hit stop nothing happens.... there is definately an Error in the MediaPortal.log, but I don't know what it means!!
    THanks
    James

6. Gixxer
    • Premium Supporter

Gixxer Retired Team Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    please can someone have a look at this log, its not long, and tell me why tvservice is not starting, not even when i run tvserver configuration.

as i mention before in this post, sometimes tvservice starts perfectly but others its just impossible.

this is with this SVN.

thanks

7. allanp81

allanp81 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    Not definitely sure but I wonder if it's a directx error. Are you running directx 9.0c?

8. Pe2RM

Pe2RM Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Zdeny, your not the only one, see Active timeshift with closed TV - MediaPortal Forum

The good news is that one of the devs is working on it. 0001482: Not possible to stop recording/timeshift in some circomstances - MediaPortal Bugtracker

9. Jeditrav

Jeditrav Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi,

replacing the line restart.vbs worked for me:D, but now when I go into myTV, after waking from hibernation, I get an 'Unable to start timeshifting - unknown error occured' window, and no TV until I restart the computer.:confused:

10. neilk

neilk Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Tourettes

I tried this fix changing the restart.vbs, did not solve my resume from hibernate issue. I have disabled the "restart MediaPortal on resume" when testing this. Mediaportal is fine, but when I go into MyTV I get the following error: "cannot start timehifting, unknown error occurred", the scheduled recording also did not start and I have to reboot my system for it to start up the TV section again. I will attach logs tonight if needed...

Thanks for your help thus far:D

11. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Changes in the restart.vbs cannot ever have any effect on the tv service functionality. So the issue you are seeing is different one. Do you have

Most likely the one in here (more closely the comment) 0001437: Network RTSP failure after return from stanby/hibernation. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!