MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-09-2008 09-21h - Revision:19876.rar (1 Viewer)

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Autostart MediaPortal on Windows startup

Having this problem with my HTPC, but not my office computer.

Using "Autostart MediaPortal on Windows startup" in configuration;

My TV does not display any information under TV screen.

Channel list is blank.

Can only select and change Channels using TV Guide.

When using remote with TV screen on full display, shows Channel number selected, but does not change to new channel.

If I start MediaPortal manually, system operates properly.

I have found that with MediaPortal SVN 08-09-2008 09 21 Rev19876, did not try MediaportalSVN 07-11-2008 10 18 Rev19603 in my HTPC, that the system is going in and out of S4 hibernation, for recording purposes, really well. Until this SVN this aspect had been a real disaster for my system, thanks for fixing this problem.

Computer 1, the internals of a HP Pavilion t250a, inserted into a Coolermaster 690 chassis.

The system is a 2.6 Hyperthreading P4 CPU and 1 GB of ram running Windows XP, Service Pack 2. I have added SATA drives, an ASUS Nvidia GeForce 7600GS Graphics Card, an add on card that has two SATA connections and two E SATA connections and a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme sound card plus the Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, green pcb card. Using MediaPortal RC2, SVN 08-09-2008.

Computer 2, HTPC, an ANTEC Fusion HTPC Silver case using;

Windows XP with Service Pack 2

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD780G 5200HT DDR2 VGA PCIE2.0 RAID GbLAN 1394

AMD Athlon™ 64 5200+AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2

DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 800Mhz Blue Heatspreader 4-4-4-12 G.Skill

Asus EN8500GT Silent Magic 512MB DDR2 666MHz PCIEx16 VGA HDTV DVI-I Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card PCI Express

Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, black pcb card, Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus, and MediaPortal RC2, SVN 08-09-2008.

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
tvservice

Hi
Trying to read through it all and trying to fins out if my prob is in here.

My tvservice wont reinititialize properly after resume. Is that the prob u guys are having also. If I manually kull tvservice and start it up again after resume all works.

Regards

//Lasse

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I hope it helps someone here arround. :)

I would like to see a possibility to allow MP & TVE3 to be stopped only after resuming has been done. At least for MP as otherwise its creating no video signal on some systems. I have had two PCs / MBs that have had annoying issue when it comes to TVE3 automatically waking up the PC for recording. If MP is closed before the S3 state is enabled

1) display drivers will disable the video output (unless MP is already running, something to do with DX)
    2) resume S3 even comes only after the user presses a key on keyboard

as a result the display will stay black for remote control only users.

If i understood you right - you want to stop MP after wakeup from S3?
    If i stop MP on my maschine before going into S3 and then press a button to wake up everything is fine. Maybe i didn't understand your problem.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I hope it helps someone here arround. :)

I would like to see a possibility to allow MP & TVE3 to be stopped only after resuming has been done. At least for MP as otherwise its creating no video signal on some systems. I have had two PCs / MBs that have had annoying issue when it comes to TVE3 automatically waking up the PC for recording. If MP is closed before the S3 state is enabled

1) display drivers will disable the video output (unless MP is already running, something to do with DX)
    2) resume S3 even comes only after the user presses a key on keyboard

as a result the display will stay black for remote control only users.

If i understood you right - you want to stop MP after wakeup from S3?
    If i stop MP on my maschine before going into S3 and then press a button to wake up everything is fine. Maybe i didn't understand your problem.

The issue is pretty rare (depends on HW). But yes, I would like to be able to stop MP (and restart) after PC has woken up from S3.

arturol

December 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    i'm trying to suspend my pc using mediaportal's buttons but with no success.

If i press those buttons (suspend or sleep), i get no effects.

Thank you for your great work.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Having this problem with my HTPC, but not my office computer.

Using "Autostart MediaPortal on Windows startup" in configuration;

My TV does not display any information under TV screen.

Channel list is blank.

Can only select and change Channels using TV Guide.

When using remote with TV screen on full display, shows Channel number selected, but does not change to new channel.

If I start MediaPortal manually, system operates properly.

I have found that with MediaPortal SVN 08-09-2008 09 21 Rev19876, did not try MediaportalSVN 07-11-2008 10 18 Rev19603 in my HTPC, that the system is going in and out of S4 hibernation, for recording purposes, really well. Until this SVN this aspect had been a real disaster for my system, thanks for fixing this problem.

Hi,

It seems to have come good, only installed this SVN into my HTPC a few of hours ago. Turned it back on and everything fine, have completed some scheduled recordings, in and out of hibernation, stopped and started HTPC a couple of times and correct information still showing. Also, it is functioning correctly, as far as channel changing is concerned.

Regards

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is it possible to record in a network folder?

my secondary hard drive of the htpc is about to die and although im trying to set a network folder, it does not seem to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom