MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-09-2008 09-21h - Revision:19876.rar (2 Viewers)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got a new version for J-B-N... for the special critical hibernate problem

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Im getting (often) a white square instead of picture, you can see the actual picture outside the square (square filling almost whole screen but not all)
    If I go out to config mode, switch around with codecs and go back it works, it happens in both television, videos and DVD.
    (its not related to codec, since when it happens next time, I simply switch back to the previous one)

Started with the last SVN, never ever seen it before.

Any tips where to look?

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Josch

I will try your app & let you know - many thanks in advance

Neil

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Im getting (often) a white square instead of picture, you can see the actual picture outside the square (square filling almost whole screen but not all)
    If I go out to config mode, switch around with codecs and go back it works, it happens in both television, videos and DVD.
    (its not related to codec, since when it happens next time, I simply switch back to the previous one)

Started with the last SVN, never ever seen it before.

Any tips where to look?

This happens to me every time I switch from TV with teletext subtitle to a video in My Videos. I guess the subtitle handling is not shut off and a single big "subtitle" is shown.

Switching from a TV channel without subtitles to a video is OK.
    I also tried different audio/video decoders but they all have this problem.
    It's not a new issue for this SVN. I've had it for a long time.
    To switch to a video after watching TV I have to restart MP first and then the video shows as normal.

See attached log

Attachments

• phat subtitle.png
      phat subtitle.png
      562.5 KB

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    I stopped using the vbscripts a while ago due to issues. Try the mce standby tool, it works really well and has native mediaportal support.

Slick Solutions - Home of the MCE Standby Tool (MST)

Cheers

Are you using RC2 of MP as when I select restart MP in MCE standby tool I'm not sure it does after resuming from standby as it stays on the menu I was on and doesn't go back to the home menu which is where I would expect it to go when MP is restarted?

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Disillusioned

Having this problem with my HTPC, but not my office computer.

Using "Autostart MediaPortal on Windows startup" in configuration;

My TV does not display any information under TV screen.

Channel list is blank.

Can only select and change Channels using TV Guide.

When using remote with TV screen on full display, shows Channel number selected, but does not change to new channel.

If I start MediaPortal manually, system operates properly.

I have found that with MediaPortal SVN 08-09-2008 09 21 Rev19876, did not try MediaportalSVN 07-11-2008 10 18 Rev19603 in my HTPC, that the system is going in and out of S4 hibernation, for recording purposes, really well. Until this SVN this aspect had been a real disaster for my system, thanks for fixing this problem.

Hi,

It seems to have come good, only installed this SVN into my HTPC a few of hours ago. Turned it back on and everything fine, have completed some scheduled recordings, in and out of hibernation, stopped and started HTPC a couple of times and correct information still showing. Also, it is functioning correctly, as far as channel changing is concerned.

Regards

Well tonight, it is back to it's worst behaviour, plus after a scheduled recording went into S3 instead of S4, something I thought was fixed, but apparently not, have not produced a log for this at the moment. Mainly because, it is not as convenient to do this with the dedicated HTPC.

I managed to obtain a log file, for the main problem, by starting MediaPortal with Windows Scheduled Tasks, using "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WatchDog.exe" -auto.

I had first unchecked "Autostart MediaPortal on Windows startup" in configuration.

Using manual start of MediaPortal on my HTPC, as stated above, everything fine.

I am about to try the Slick Solutions standby tool solution, as mentioned in the post by debaser_uk.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    neilk

Fine,
    i got a new on, sorry for that, i still found some bugs. Hopefully i got rid of them all in this Version.
    Please use this one.

chinga69

Portal Pro
    October 27, 2007
    penrith
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    can anyone help with the not started error i think theses are the log files needed

cheers brad

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    I stopped using the vbscripts a while ago due to issues. Try the mce standby tool, it works really well and has native mediaportal support.

Slick Solutions - Home of the MCE Standby Tool (MST)

Cheers

Are you using RC2 of MP as when I select restart MP in MCE standby tool I'm not sure it does after resuming from standby as it stays on the menu I was on and doesn't go back to the home menu which is where I would expect it to go when MP is restarted?

Hi Nemulate,

There's an option in the General section of MediaPortal Configuration to open the most recently used screen on startup, so perhaps if you've got this option ticked (I think it is ticked by default), then when MediaPortal restarts that's why it's ending up back on the menu you were on previously. If not, then your suspicion may be correct that it's not restarting properly.

Cheers,
    Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom