MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-09-2008 09-21h - Revision:19876.rar (1 Viewer)

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Problem Solved

Having this problem with my HTPC, but not my office computer.

Using "Autostart MediaPortal on Windows startup" in configuration;

My TV does not display any information under TV screen.

Channel list is blank.

Can only select and change Channels using TV Guide.

When using remote with TV screen on full display, shows Channel number selected, but does not change to new channel.

If I start MediaPortal manually, system operates properly.

I have found that with MediaPortal SVN 08-09-2008 09 21 Rev19876, did not try MediaportalSVN 07-11-2008 10 18 Rev19603 in my HTPC, that the system is going in and out of S4 hibernation, for recording purposes, really well. Until this SVN this aspect had been a real disaster for my system, thanks for fixing this problem.

Hi,

It seems to have come good, only installed this SVN into my HTPC a few of hours ago. Turned it back on and everything fine, have completed some scheduled recordings, in and out of hibernation, stopped and started HTPC a couple of times and correct information still showing. Also, it is functioning correctly, as far as channel changing is concerned.

Regards

Well tonight, it is back to it's worst behaviour, plus after a scheduled recording went into S3 instead of S4, something I thought was fixed, but apparently not, have not produced a log for this at the moment. Mainly because, it is not as convenient to do this with the dedicated HTPC.

I managed to obtain a log file, for the main problem, by starting MediaPortal with Windows Scheduled Tasks, using "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WatchDog.exe" -auto.

I had first unchecked "Autostart MediaPortal on Windows startup" in configuration.

Using manual start of MediaPortal on my HTPC, as stated above, everything fine.

Have finally worked out what is going on with my system.

I have a wired LAN setup.

Network active, that is, modem turned on, all the above problems occur.

Network inactive, modem turned off, everything works fine.

Is there any solution for this problem, besides disconnecting the HTPC from the Network. Except for transferring files, I very rarely access the Internet from my HTPC.

The obvious conclusion, must be, that MediaPortal, when started automatically, does not like the Ethernet software/hardware on my HTPC, when the LAN is active. Could be something to do with the computer start up process. It did not seem to adversely effect MediaPortal 0.2.3.0.

Computer 1, the internals of a HP Pavilion t250a, inserted into a Coolermaster 690 chassis.

The system is a 2.6 Hyperthreading P4 CPU and 1 GB of ram running Windows XP, Service Pack 2. I have added SATA drives, an ASUS Nvidia GeForce 7600GS Graphics Card, an add on card that has two SATA connections and two E SATA connections and a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme sound card plus the Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, green pcb card. Using MediaPortal RC2, SVN 08-09-2008, single seat setup.

Computer 2, HTPC, an ANTEC Fusion HTPC Silver case using;

Windows XP with Service Pack 2

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD780G 5200HT DDR2 VGA PCIE2.0 RAID GbLAN 1394

AMD Athlon™ 64 5200+AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2

DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 800Mhz Blue Heatspreader 4-4-4-12 G.Skill

Asus EN8500GT Silent Magic 512MB DDR2 666MHz PCIEx16 VGA HDTV DVI-I Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card PCI Express

Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, black pcb card, Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus, and MediaPortal RC2, SVN 08-09-2008, single seat setup.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any way to speed up the clients in the network? I can watch TV HDTV and SD smooth and without problems - but receiving Channellist and EPG Data is really slow. Is this a generel bug or a problem on my side?

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any way to speed up the clients in the network? I can watch TV HDTV and SD smooth and without problems - but receiving Channellist and EPG Data is really slow. Is this a generel bug or a problem on my side?

Here I can see no difference in speed between local and remote clients with regards to channel or program list. However I'm back on RC2 without SVN due to the different problems for now. Is your network operating properly?

grubi.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is anyone else seeing a memory leak? I've been having MP crash occasionally with a "not enough virtual memory" error lately. I ran task manager while using MP today, and my memory usage hit 1.2GB, but the process list only showed MP using 250MB. When I stopped MP, my memory usage in task manager dropped from 1.2GB to 260MB. Odd that it doesn't show MP using it all, and there's no other process running that shows any large memory usage.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    grubi
    I've PowerLan which shows me 86Mbit/s which i can use - as HDTV and SD is running smooth - it think network is running fine. Any other idea or test i can do?

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nemulate - yes, I'm on RC2, I've been using this tool since RC1 was released. I'm not near the HTPC at the moment, I will check my settings and let you know. Mine definitely restarts as it starts up on the homepage again.

Ragendorf

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2008
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Josch,

tried your MPStandbyHandler and it works great for me! I use RC1 and it solved my "Restart MP on Resume"-Error.

Thanks a lot!

--Jens--

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice, but i do have it all in one app customized for MP. Not a set of different apps, which in need to put/work together.
    I did it my waaayyyy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom