MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Guys,

this is my first post in here, and i dont know if this is the right way to do it, but never the less, i might have found a bug in the "Dynamic Refresh rate" option.

When it is enabled and i play 1080p content, then it is like 95% of the time it works, but the last 5% is still irritating - as hell.

I have the newest nvidia driver installed for my gfx, core avc, ffdshow and haali.

Has anyone else inhere seen that?

Kindly Regards

Henrik
Denmark

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i might have found a bug in the "Dynamic Refresh rate" option.
    I have the newest nvidia driver installed

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/528604-post84.html

Dont think he can open that threat. ;)

:sorry:
    Oh, my bad - here's the exerpt:

Finished testing all driver versions. Bug exists under Vista as well.

Starting with 190.62 the 24Hz setting is screwed up and the 60Hz as well. 24Hz select 25Hz and 60Hz selects the 59Hz (actually 59.940). With 190.38 24Hz and 60Hz work as they should.

FlexQ

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i might have found a bug in the "Dynamic Refresh rate" option.
    I have the newest nvidia driver installed

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/528604-post84.html

Dont think he can open that threat. ;)

You are quite right Mate, i do not have permission to read that thread.

But, as an addition to my beforementioned problem, it seems to be irrelevant what type of media you play, eg. refresh rate, resolution and so forth.

But if there should be any information on this problem, please dont heasitate to send it to me, either in here so others can read it too or in a pm.

Henrik

EDIT: I can see i was a bit slow writing my reply.

:sorry:
    Oh, my bad - here's the exerpt:

Finished testing all driver versions. Bug exists under Vista as well.

Starting with 190.62 the 24Hz setting is screwed up and the 60Hz as well. 24Hz select 25Hz and 60Hz selects the 59Hz (actually 59.940). With 190.38 24Hz and 60Hz work as they should.

So i should go fetch 190.38 as it is the one working best?

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    New problem

New problem detected. In certain cases Mediaportal won't record a scheduled program. The problem lies within the EPG info and the recording filename (invalid characters for filenames I assume).

Everytime I try to record the show "Neues" on 3Sat this week and the repeatings on other channels, Mediaportal won't record it. I tried it manually today. The show before "Neues" is recorded properly. But if the actual EPG info changes to "Neues" Mediaportal won't start the recording. I made some logs.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New problem detected. In certain cases Mediaportal won't record a scheduled program. The problem lies within the EPG info and the recording filename (invalid characters for filenames I assume).

Everytime I try to record the show "Neues" on 3Sat this week and the repeatings on other channels, Mediaportal won't record it. I tried it manually today. The show before "Neues" is recorded properly. But if the actual EPG info changes to "Neues" Mediaportal won't start the recording. I made some logs.

2009-11-23 15:15:38.706308 [Scheduler timer]: Scheduler: Check recordings for schedule neues...
    2009-11-23 15:15:38.714309 [Scheduler timer]: Scheduler: Schedule 23.11.2009 15:15:00-neues (... aus der digitalen Welt) has already been recorded (19.11.2009 13:20:11) - aborting...

Your problem is sloppy EPG data for that program. They seem to insert "... aus der digitalen Welt" as a title not only of this particular episode but for ALL episodes from "Neues". As this most likely will never change MP thinks that you already recorded this episode.

The possible workarounds for this are to either modify the EPG manually or disable the check for duplicate recordings.
    Btw: Is this a series schedule? Maybe an option would be better to prevent dupes only for series. Then you could schedule a "once" recording for faulty EPG entries...

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    Thank you. I just disabled the check for duplicate recordings.

Yes, I have scheduled a weekly recording for "Neues" (fixed to 16:30 Sunday). It was not recorded on Sunday 16:30 though, so I tried to record one of the repeatings during the week. I use Clickfinder for EPG import.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you. I just disabled the check for duplicate recordings.

Yes, I have scheduled a weekly recording for "Neues" (fixed to 16:30 Sunday). It was not recorded on Sunday 16:30 though, so I tried to record one of the repeatings during the week. I use Clickfinder for EPG import.

Another thing which might not be obvious is the following:
    The option prevents duplicate _recordings_

This means that in your case - recording some news program - you could also make sure to delete all previous recordings before the next episode is broadcasted as you usually have watched them already.

(Unfortunately there's still no recordings archive plugin).

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    Yes. You are right.

I still have one recorded show of "Neues" in my recording directory from last week. So Mediaportal checked this and denied recording a new episode because the episode info of the EPG was identical with the already recorded show. Well, I learned something new I suppose... :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom