MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyAndy

Portal Member
May 12, 2009
MediaPortal is crashing

Hi,

from time to time (mainly when I am using the remote control) Mediaportal suddenly goes from full screen mode to window mode. After closing the window the icons on the desktop screen can't be used any more. Clicking onto a icon only opens the edit mode, but not the related program.
To restart Mediaportal a hard reset of the computer is necessary

find attached all logs

RandyAndy

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Guys

I just reinstalled my mp with my newcome windows 7 license, however, when i install mp it works fine. But when i install this svn build mp crashes when starting up.

It gives me this:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: configuration.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.4.26569
Problem Signature 03: 4afeb483
Problem Signature 04: Utils
Problem Signature 05: 2.2.7.26552
Problem Signature 06: 4afeb461
Problem Signature 07: 62
Problem Signature 08: 81
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1030

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Do any of you have the faintest idea of what might trigger this failure?

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [Configuration] some issues on Video Section

I Install the 1.1.0beta with this svn on a Windows 7 test System and found some issues (see the list below)

1. Video Database, on Scanning of the Video Folder the Progress bar Window appear disappear appear disappear …..every time the scanner found a new Video, this Window act more like an Hint telling me “hey I found a new Video” as an Progress bar Window. (This happens in 1.0.2 too)

2. Video Database, the Scanner Crash after scanning a few Files, see attached files and screenshots.

3. Video Extensions, adding an extension only takes affect after a restart of the MediaPortal Configuration. If this is design intend it could be helpful when there where a Hint telling me that I need to restart the MediaPortal Configuration.

4. Video Extension, for those People like me who start to Configure at the Top and go step by step to the bottom it makes more sense to have the "Video Extension" part between “Video Folders” and “Video Database”, the same in the Music section.

May someone can confirm this points, thx

Attachments

• Crash_1.JPG
      Crash_1.JPG
      84.3 KB
    • Detail msg Box.txt
      30.6 KB

FlexQ

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @FlexQ - you are installing this SVN on top of the beta 1.1 and not the 1.02 version of Media Portal aren't you..?

Hi Mate

I installed on top of 1.02 and not on another svn.

I tried reinstall windows and not making any modifications before testing it, and it just seems to crash everytime i update with this svn build :/

Henrik

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @FlexQ - you are installing this SVN on top of the beta 1.1 and not the 1.02 version of Media Portal aren't you..?

Hi Mate

I tried reinstall windows and not making any modifications before testing it, and it just seems to crash everytime i update with this svn build :/

Henrik

That is the problem the SVN has to be installed on top of the 1.1 beta.

You have to remove MP and then do a fresh install of the 1.1 beta, do not bother to configure it. Then install this SVN over the 1.1 beta and all will be well. You can then configure MP once the SVN is installed.

It will not work by installing the SVN over a 1.02 install.

philsu

February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Slow channel change

Hello,
    when using this svn, mediaportal will work correctly for about an hour, then channel change will become increasingly slower, until the channels wont change at all. Then when you try to change channel, it looks like it's gonna change, but just loops back continuallly to the previous channel, at the same time point.

Using one Hauppauge HVR2200 tuner, one Terratec 2400i DT tuner. DVB-T Finland.
    Fresh install of mediaportal beta, mediaportal svn and tv server installed on top.
    Latest streamedmp skin.
    I couldn't get the logs of the slow channel change, only the looping channel change.

Thanks for the great program though, it's the best.
    :D

View attachment 50754

FlexQ

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi Mate

Henrik

That is the problem the SVN has to be installed on top of the 1.1 beta.

You have to remove MP and then do a fresh install of the 1.1 beta, do not bother to configure it. Then install this SVN over the 1.1 beta and all will be well. You can then configure MP once the SVN is installed.

It will not work by installing the SVN over a 1.02 install.

Ah, that was it mate, thanks alot, if i could i would send you a can of good danish beer and a kilo of bacon.

:D

Henrik

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am guessing the TSReader changes are going to take some effort and Harley is still really busy? If so any chance of a new public SVN? (I would like to test out the share browsing speed update, mtn crash fixes and the episoded in folder issues)

I know I could check out all the source and build it myself but by the time I remember how to do it RC1 will have released :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I am guessing the TSReader changes are going to take some effort and Harley is still really busy? If so any chance of a new public SVN? (I would like to test out the share browsing speed update, mtn crash fixes and the episoded in folder issues)

Who knows if the next SVN will cotain new TsReader version. So, it might be delayed for few days. Just depends how much free time our team has to test and fix (implementation has been already done).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom