MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillyWilly

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
1080i50 rendered at 30 fps by EVR

Anyone who is having issues with stuttering video with Cyberlink H.264 codec (8/9) please test with following TsReader.ax (and if it doesn't solve the issue then please upload a TS sample and TsReader.log)

This tsreader.ax is completely not working.

On the other hand, last week I found out why I get stuttering when I watch 1080i50 h.264. When I checked the EVR with Graphstudio, EVR was trying to output it at 30 fps instead of 50!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    This tsreader.ax is completely not working.

It is known to be broken and we are currently fixing it.

On the other hand, last week I found out why I get stuttering when I watch 1080i50 h.264. When I checked the EVR with Graphstudio, EVR was trying to output it at 30 fps instead of 50!

What GPU do you have? Are you sure that you didn't check the actual frame rate (if I remember EVR properties don't show anything else than the actual frame rate, not the intended).

ChillyWilly

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007

What GPU do you have? Are you sure that you didn't check the actual frame rate (if I remember EVR properties don't show anything else than the actual frame rate, not the intended).[/QUOTE]

I'm using a nVidia G98 8400GS (VP3). I have the exact same problem with an Ati HD3400 (UVD+).
    The frame rate is 50hz (confirmed) and the "Average frame rate achieved" was going to 30.00 when it played. But most of the time it was dropping frames like flies.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm using a nVidia G98 8400GS (VP3). I have the exact same problem with an Ati HD3400 (UVD+).
    The frame rate is 50hz (confirmed) and the "Average frame rate achieved" was going to 30.00 when it played. But most of the time it was dropping frames like flies.

Both Nvidia 8400 and ATi 3400 are too slow to deinterlace 1080i. Which processor is this on?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Then I placed both in a skin-file in MediaPortal, the holed one on top of the non-holed.

Sounds like a pretty low level issue on the skinning engine. Maybe tweaking texture parameters in source code could help with that.

I tried to get into this, but I'm not up to the task, way to new to C# programming ;)

But, it seems to me that it may have something to do with the alphachannel not being used if the image is resized/scaled to a different size.

I dug up this statement that says you need to "premultiply the alphachannel" when rendering transparency:

Once you populate the pixels from your DirectX routine, you should
    premultiply the alpha channel against the RGB colors for each pixel. Cycle
    through the "pixels" array above to premultiply the alpha channel against
    the RGB colors in each pixel.

If you wish to use gdiplus, then use the Bitmap constructor
    Bitmap(bmWidth,bmHeight,bmStride,PixelFormat32bppPARGB,pixels) using your
    data from the BITMAPINFO struct and the "pixels" array above. Once you have
    your gidplus bitmap, use DrawImage to display against the background of your
    choice.

If not, then use the AlphaBlend function. In each case, the
    premultiplication of the alpha channel is necessary before you use the
    AlphaBlend function or constructing the bitmap object.

Now, while I can find references to System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb a few places (inside image-classes and such) I cannot see anywhere that the third parameter "bmStride" is used or the fifth parameter "pixels".

Everywhere there is a call to Bitmap() it's always only two parameters or three. This is my best guess.

ChillyWilly

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007

Both Nvidia 8400 and ATi 3400 are too slow to deinterlace 1080i. Which processor is this on?

No they're not! 1080i50 mpeg2 works fine and I have a dualboot windows XP and there 1080i h.264 works fine with the same codec, only Mediaportal 1.02 instead of this latest svn.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

No they're not! 1080i50 mpeg2 works fine and I have a dualboot windows XP and there 1080i h.264 works fine with the same codec, only Mediaportal 1.02 instead of this latest svn.

What I meant to say is, that they are too slow on 1.1.0 Beta. Rendering changed between 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 Beta:

As non-technical explanation: To reduce/cure flickering that Vista / ATI users are seeing (as ATI has crappy drivers).

Semi-technical explanation: DirectX has been previously used wrong (surffaces directly).

Technical: Please see SVN changes.

This is discussed in this thread: 1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 - MediaPortal Forum

ChillyWilly

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Ok, but why is 1080i50 mpeg2 ok?

And why do I see no deinterlace artifacts (1080i50 h.264) and does it work for x second (at 30fps) without dropping a frame and the start dropping frame for x seconds and then it goed smooth again etc. All of this at the wrong rate, should be 50.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ok, but why is 1080i50 mpeg2 ok?

And why do I see no deinterlace artifacts (1080i50 h.264) and does it work for x second (at 30fps) without dropping a frame and the start dropping frame for x seconds and then it goed smooth again etc. All of this at the wrong rate, should be 50.

Wrong rate is not the reason, it is the symptom of something else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom