MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I need someone to research my findings: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vision-24102-rar-73340/index6.html#post535417

This is still valid, I have 2 others confirming the issue. The edge between a transparent and non-transparent area in PNG's creates a grey/blackish border. To test it, create a background same size and same color/pattern as the one used in the skin, and cut out parts with any image-editing software. Save and put the image on top of your background. You will see the problem then...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have extended my chase on proof. This is what I came up with.

I have made a background in Photoshop, called background.png.

Then I made a copy of this, and called it background_with_holes.png. Now i used the Rectangular Marquee Tool to cut out 9-10 holes.

Then I placed both in a skin-file in MediaPortal, the holed one on top of the non-holed.

This is the result:

Attachments

• holey_shite.png
      holey_shite.png
      439.6 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Then I placed both in a skin-file in MediaPortal, the holed one on top of the non-holed.

Sounds like a pretty low level issue on the skinning engine. Maybe tweaking texture parameters in source code could help with that.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Sounds like a pretty low level issue on the skinning engine. Maybe tweaking texture parameters in source code could help with that.

Ok...looks like I found a solution (for now) but I didn't find what triggers the problem. Using 8-bit PNGs and GIF's does the same, although the GIFs makes the grey lines darker. I'm guessing that because of the missing Alpha-channel, the interpolation is worse.

Now for the fix:

<keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>

Yes, it's that easy. I wonder what the problem is, but it must be related to scaling.

moppe

Portal Member
    December 23, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No video but sound in recordings

Hi,
    I have a strange problem that I believe was just a glitch but it have happens a couple times now, but not regularly.
    The problem is, some time when I want to look at an recording it will not start in mp, audio is starting but no video, the only way to look at the recording is true VLC and that’s working without any glitch, both sound and video. Have this something to do whit TSReader? The problem is that its seems to be random. I am using 4tr to handle the recording scheduler.
    Any idea anyone

BR Moppe

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have a strange problem that I believe was just a glitch but it have happens a couple times now, but not regularly.
    The problem is, some time when I want to look at an recording it will not start in mp, audio is starting but no video, the only way to look at the recording is true VLC and that’s working without any glitch, both sound and video. Have this something to do whit TSReader? The problem is that its seems to be random. I am using 4tr to handle the recording scheduler.
    Any idea anyone

BR Moppe

Do you use a Catalyst driver newer then 9.6?

moppe

Portal Member
    December 23, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, I have a NVIDiA 7100/630i onbord grafik and are using HDMI output I think the driver is 195.xx not the latest, but the version before the 26 of Nov.

edit: its was starting whit the latest svn builds, before that i did not have this issue.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah, that was it mate, thanks alot, if i could i would send you a can of good danish beer and a kilo of bacon.

Glad that I could help :)

I will savour the taste of my "virtual" Danish beer and I can almost smell the bacon cooking...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Ok...looks like I found a solution (for now) but I didn't find what triggers the problem. Using 8-bit PNGs and GIF's does the same, although the GIFs makes the grey lines darker. I'm guessing that because of the missing Alpha-channel, the interpolation is worse.

Now for the fix:

<keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>

Yes, it's that easy. I wonder what the problem is, but it must be related to scaling.

No, it wasn't that easy unfortunately. The rendering is horrible in fullscreen and get's all skewed.

I also noticed that it only works in windowed mode, if the checkbox "Autosize window mode to skin (breaks teletext) is checked. But there is no way I can get it to display correctly in fullscreen :mad:

EDIT: Also...If i run MP in windowed and the rendering is fine, switch to fullscreen and back it is skewed again.

EDIT2: I get this in error.log when entering fullscreen and exiting again (Alt+Enter):

2009-11-27 13:47:30.687500 [ERROR][MPMain]: d3dapp: An error occured in OnResize - Der er fejl i programmet.
    -2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Reset(PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.OnParentResized(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
    ved System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
    ved MediaPortal.D3DApp.OnResize(EventArgs e)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom