MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXisTa

Portal Member
October 20, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am not retreiving the album art from Amazone is that something new?

TnT

February 12, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Problem watching recordings

Hi developers, and thank you for all your hard work.
I have been struggling getting all the Danish dvbt channels to work in Mediaportal using hardware decoding, and I have now succeeded using this svn build. Thank's for that :)
But even though I can watch all channels live, I cannot watch them from recordings, which I find quite strange. My best guess is that the filter graph is build up different when watching live vs watching a recording. Can anyone confirm that. If I attach the recording folder to myvideo, I can play the recording fine from there.
I'm using the "microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" in windows 7 32 bit to watch both mpeg2 and h264 content.
Mediaportal does not crash, but the screen becomes non responsive and the title says "fullscreen video"

I have looked at the bug 0002562: Codec settings from videos are used for recordings if played via MyVideos - MediaPortal Bugtracker and I'm not sure if this is related

I have attached my tsreaderlog.
Starting MediaPortal | Watching mpg2 recording in "recordings" | waiting 20 seconds | closing Mediaportal using Alt + F4

Please let me know if I can do anything to help on this.

RandyAndy

Portal Member
May 12, 2009
Hi,

from time to time (mainly when I am using the remote control) Mediaportal suddenly goes from full screen mode to window mode. After closing the window the icons on the desktop screen can't be used any more. Clicking onto a icon only opens the edit mode, but not the related program.
To restart Mediaportal a hard reset of the computer is necessary

find attached all logs

RandyAndy
Hi,

seems so that I am the only one reporting this problem. Any feedback ?

Randy Andy

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can reproduce 0002558: Slow dialog menus on some systems - MediaPortal Bugtracker on my IGP Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M on Windows 7 64-bit. Core2Duo. Should be more than fast enough to render an onscreeen menu ;)

If I press the "up" key on my keyboard 10 times in a row, it will scroll for 2-3 seconds after I hit it the last time. No problem in normal menus, only context (DialogMenu.xml).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I can reproduce 0002558: Slow dialog menus on some systems - MediaPortal Bugtracker on my IGP Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M on Windows 7 64-bit. Core2Duo. Should be more than fast enough to render an onscreeen menu ;)

If I press the "up" key on my keyboard 10 times in a row, it will scroll for 2-3 seconds after I hit it the last time. No problem in normal menus, only context (DialogMenu.xml).

Could you guys try to narrow it down to some specific SVN release where the issue appears for the first time?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Could you guys try to narrow it down to some specific SVN release where the issue appears for the first time?

Sure, I'll give it some shots :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Sure, I'll give it some shots :)

My current finding is that revision 23618 is OK, but 23620 is not. There were no changes to Dialogs\Dialogs\GUIDialogMenu.cs between these revisions, so the problem lies elsewhere.

If someone can explain to me how I can use TortoiseSVN to tell which files where changed between these revisions (and what) let me know :)

EDIT: Looks like the only change in files is in WindowPlugins\GUIVideoFiles\GUIVideoFullscreen.cs

I can toggle between 23618 and 23620 and the error comes and goes with revision. Definately something there ;)

EDIT2:

Looks like the biggest changes are all this added code:

Code:
    		public override void ResetAllControls()
    		{
    			//reset all

bool bOffScreen = false;
    			int iCalibrationY = GUIGraphicsContext.OSDOffset;
    			int iTop = GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanTop;
    			int iMin = 0;

foreach (CPosition pos in _listPositions)
    			{
    				pos.control.SetPosition((int)pos.XPos, (int)pos.YPos + iCalibrationY);
    			}
    			{
    				GUIControl pControl = pos.control;

int dwPosY = pControl.YPosition;
    				if (pControl.IsVisible)
    				{
    					if (dwPosY < iTop)
    					{
    						int iSize = iTop - dwPosY;
    						if (iSize > iMin)
    						{
    							iMin = iSize;
    						}
    						bOffScreen = true;
    					}
    				}
    			}
    			if (bOffScreen)
    			{
    				{
    					int dwPosX = pControl.XPosition;
    					if (dwPosY < (int)100)
    					{
    						dwPosY += Math.Abs(iMin);
    						pControl.SetPosition(dwPosX, dwPosY);
    					}
    				}
    			}
    			base.ResetAllControls();

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    My current finding is that revision 23618 is OK, but 23620 is not. There were no changes to Dialogs\Dialogs\GUIDialogMenu.cs between these revisions, so the problem lies elsewhere.

If someone can explain to me how I can use TortoiseSVN to tell which files where changed between these revisions (and what) let me know :)

EDIT: Looks like the only change in files is in WindowPlugins\GUIVideoFiles\GUIVideoFullscreen.cs

I can toggle between 23618 and 23620 and the error comes and goes with revision. Definately something there ;)
    I assume you found how to see changes between revisions.

EDIT2:

Looks like the biggest changes are all this added code:

Code:
            public override void ResetAllControls()
            {
                //reset all

bool bOffScreen = false;
                int iCalibrationY = GUIGraphicsContext.OSDOffset;
                int iTop = GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanTop;
                int iMin = 0;

{
                    pos.control.SetPosition((int)pos.XPos, (int)pos.YPos + iCalibrationY);
                }
                {

if (pControl.IsVisible)
                    {
                        if (dwPosY < iTop)
                        {
                            int iSize = iTop - dwPosY;
                            if (iSize > iMin)
                            {
                                iMin = iSize;
                            }
                            bOffScreen = true;
                        }
                    }
                }
                if (bOffScreen)
                {
                    {
                        int dwPosX = pControl.XPosition;
                        if (dwPosY < (int)100)
                        {
                            dwPosY += Math.Abs(iMin);
                            pControl.SetPosition(dwPosX, dwPosY);
                        }
                    }
                }
                base.ResetAllControls();
    I do not see any such change between SVN 23618 and 23620:confused:. Are you comparing to current SVN?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I do not see any such change between SVN 23618 and 23620:confused:. Are you comparing to current SVN?

I thought I was comparing them correctly, but now I'm at work. Funny thing is, that I have an XP machine here at work, and apparantly it doesn't care which SVN I run, the menu isn't sluggish at all. Not even in the nevest SVN? :confused:

My home-machine is Windows 7 64-bit...maybe it has to do with Windows-specific code? I mean, something that is different for Windows XP vs. Windows 7?

EDIT: I guess I compared the files wrong (the code doesn't change dramatically between 23618 and 23620), but the issue is still introduced somewhere in that change, and GUIVideoFullscreen.cs is the only file that changes when I update from 23618 -> 23620 and the other way around.

But as mentioned I cannot get the bug to show in Windows XP.

Can someone with Vista/Windows 7 please check if they can?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I don't know how you are comparing, but here's what I do in TortoiseSVN:

1. Right-click the root of my working copy and select TortoiseSVN|Show log
    2. Press Cancel and then Show Range...
    3. I fill in Start Revision and End Revision (in this case I used 23610 and 23630 respectively) and then OK
    4. Select the two revisions I want to compare, right-click and select Compare revisions. The result is a list of files that changed between these two revisions
    5. Double click each file to see the changes.
    You will notice that the only change is related to the mute icon staying visible while mute is on.

I also did some tests and I cannot reproduce in 2 WinXP systems (HTPC and Dev machine) with ATI video cards, but I can reproduce it in Vista32 with NVidia Quadro 570 video card (laptop). So perhaps it is OS related (changes use VolumeHandler, mixer issues in Vista/Win7?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom