MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
Yes, you are right ! I forgot this bug :-/

No message with volume control to "wave". For your information you have also the message if there is no valid sound card : If my audio video amplifier is not on "PC", Vista don't found any card at startup and I have always this message, on "Master volume" or on "Wave".

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Anyone who is having issues with stuttering video with Cyberlink H.264 codec (8/9) please test with following TsReader.ax (and if it doesn't solve the issue then please upload a TS sample and TsReader.log)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I found a bug in the recording-view inside MP.
    Has anyone an idea on this?:confused:
    0002535: Recordings with episodenames are no longer grouped in folders - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Anyone who is having issues with stuttering video with Cyberlink H.264 codec (8/9) please test with following TsReader.ax (and if it doesn't solve the issue then please upload a TS sample and TsReader.log)
    Will try this once I get the HTPC to myself tonight.

Using the 7.3 Codec though, is this a problem?

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tourettes:

Still not working. I can record and play the content back fine afterwards though.

My problem is not with stuttering video though. With the tsreader provided in latest svn and the one before the picture is fine for about 3-4 second then freezes but sound and subs are still fine. With your patch the picture is pixelated for a few seconds and the freezes.

regards

Mylle

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tourettes:

Still not working. I can record and play the content back fine afterwards though.

My problem is not with stuttering video though. With the tsreader provided in latest svn and the one before the picture is fine for about 3-4 second then freezes but sound and subs are still fine. With your patch the picture is pixelated for a few seconds and the freezes.

Different issue, as stated earlier the test binary is only targeted to cure the stuttering :) (Bug that has been introduced quite recently, so if there has been stuttering issue already with many months ago then it wont be affected by that fix).

Avout the freeze issue, please try all possible audio decoders as there is logged huge A/V sync issues in the TsReader.log.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK. but my freeze issues just started with the SVN23978. I have always used powerdvd 8 for H264 and NEVER had a problem with it until now.

Edit:
    Just tried with following audio decoders:
    ac3 filter
    ffdshow
    nvidia audio
    mpc-hc audio
    microsoft decoder

NONE of them work with powerdvd. picture is fine but freezes after 4 seconds. This is on a system with onboard nvidia 9400 but my bedroom system with intel g45 does exactly the same.

I now use coreavc with ac3 filter or microsoft decorder. Works fine on both systems but i like the way the picture looks with powerdvd compared to coreavc.

svn23978 definatly broke something for me in regards to being able to use powerdvd for h264 tv viewing. Videos are fine with powerdvd and it also seems that h264 recorded tv works fine with powerdvd

regards

Mylle

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have a picture freeze when switch from sd to hd if i use MS codec or PDVD9 codec for h264 with thet svn and provided tsreader too
    after that freeze all zaps to any channel leads to nothing still pict freeze , sound from channels work ok
    Another strange scenario with PDVD9 is that if i first start tv with hd channel all next zappings, no matter sd or hd works correctly!
    With coreavc no issues when zapping (thx for that).
    what logs you need to see to find the root of that issue?

PS looked some channels with pdvd9, no stuttering so far

to technik i have not your issue

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    MTN.exe (MovieThumbnailer) still crashes for me. (I also reported this in the last svn-thread)

0002520: mtn.exe crashes with some videofiles - MediaPortal Bugtracker

mtn.exe crahes when it tries to create thumbnails for specific videofiles.
    the crash itselfe is not such a big problem since MP stays working, but the notificationwindow which is rendered on top of the MP gui is very annoying.

This fix should "fix" the issue I am now getting! I get the notification window that mtn.exe is crashing on top of the MP gui. Before these changes were made I never got this error message! If I copy over my old backup from the MovieThumbmaker-Folder my problems are solved. I never had any crashes with the older MTN.exe.

tourettes

With the updated TSReader.ax I don't get even a moving picture on HDTV-channels, only a still frame and green pixels (DXVA broken).

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I still have stutter (or rather the video part seems to be played too slow) using this tsreader.ax. Pressing '!' reports ~30fps, when it should be ~50fps. The sound however seems to be played at the correct speed.

I've just uploaded SVTHD-Wbunaarf.ts to the ftp, and the logs are attached.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom