MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-14-2009 14-48h - Revision:24102.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    In this SVN if you play a video file in My Videos and press Pause, Skip, etc., you see the TV channel information instead of current title information in the infobar. Possibly because there is a change of <label>#Play.Current.Title</label> to <label>#TV.View.channel</label> in common.play.progressbar.xml in Blu3wide skin.

It's not fixed because we need Harley to look at it, and he is very busy at the moment.

Simone

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

The movie thumbnailer will be fixed soon. I am running a fixed version for testing purposes. I'm guessing your files were mkv with x264 video?

Mark

MTN.exe (MovieThumbnailer) still crashes for me. (I also reported this in the last svn-thread)

0002520: mtn.exe crashes with some videofiles - MediaPortal Bugtracker

mtn.exe crahes when it tries to create thumbnails for specific videofiles.
    the crash itselfe is not such a big problem since MP stays working, but the notificationwindow which is rendered on top of the MP gui is very annoying.

This fix should "fix" the issue I am now getting! I get the notification window that mtn.exe is crashing on top of the MP gui. Before these changes were made I never got this error message! If I copy over my old backup from the MovieThumbmaker-Folder my problems are solved. I never had any crashes with the older MTN.exe.

@Tourettes

With the updated TSReader.ax I don't get even a moving picture on HDTV-channels, only a still frame and green pixels (DXVA broken).

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    PS Plugin

The PS Plugin does not work. I still have to replace the files with older ones. In all other ways its working perfect :D:D

skeal

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2007
    Near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this a thing of the SVNs or general?

I have the problem that 2 recordings in a row aren't separated correctly
    they overlap in record (first runs too long and second starts too early) and are recorded twice
    when playing the records the last about 10 seconds of the first record are muted until it stops

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this a thing of the SVNs or general?

I have the problem that 2 recordings in a row aren't separated correctly
    they overlap in record (first runs too long and second starts too early) and are recorded twice
    when playing the records the last about 10 seconds of the first record are muted until it stops

Hello,

this is normal. The two recordings are independent activities. Each one follows the indivdual pre and post recording times as set in the TV Server configuration or during the scheduling process. Hence you'll get the observed effect of overlaping recordings. There used to be a conflict manager to take care of the overlap, however, at this time it appears to be a rather cosmetic thing.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tourettes, thanks for paying attention to Cyberlink+TSReader issue!
    As for my ATI/XP (yeah, I know :)) environment, the filter You suggested to test, does not connect to PDVD9 or PDVD8 h.264 codec video pin. The only one working is mysterious "Cyberlink Video Decoder" (MPEG2/H.264 Combo) v1.0.0.929, found somewhere in the far, far Internet :) - no stuttering.
    The most successful for me was TSreader.ax SVN 23670 - not only connecting and working with _any_ CL codec in question, but also _very_ error resistive on heavy damaged tstreams: it found started video on samples, where the later versions do not.

Chiming in to say I confirmed this - first I tested using the latest SVN/test tsreader.ax provided by Tourettes and had the same "slow video" issues with Cyberlink 8/9.

After reading Rara's post I went ahead and checked out the tsreader.ax file from revision 23670. This one works perfectly - no stuttering, no slowness, no nothing. In fact as Tara mentioned and I confirmed this version handles "damaged" ts files where other versions do not - I have a recording from a few months back that never played for me but now will.

So for what it's worth, whatever's different between 23670's tsreader.ax and later svn's is worth investigating.

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP crashes when tuning DVB-S radio channel

With this SVN, I still have ocassionally the issue as reported here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/untested-mediaportal-1-1-0-beta-svn-builds-268/mediaportal-svn-snapshot-09-26-2009-11-23h-revision-23684-rar-71091/index4.html#post516906

Please find attached new logs from this SVN.
    Use case was as follows:
    - Listened to Last.fm radio
    - Stoped Last.fm radio
    - Tried to start DVB-S radio channel "Bayern 3"
    - MP crashed (17:43)
    - Codecs used for DVB-S: Cyberlink (video); MPA (audio)

Is anybody else having this issue?
    Is anybody looking into this?

Attachments

• MP_crashes_when_tuning_DVB-S_radio.jpg
      MP_crashes_when_tuning_DVB-S_radio.jpg
      122.3 KB

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could someone please upload the tsreader from SVN 23670.

Thanks in advance :)

regards

Mylle

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Could someone please upload the tsreader from SVN 23670.

Thanks in advance :)

regards

Mylle

Any of us do that and I think we're starting a dangerous trend, one I've seen elsewhere on these forums: Suddenly a bunch of folks have mis-matched file revisions, etc floating around, and troubleshooting quickly becomes a nightmare. Even though it isn't meant for "stable" use a lot of people are using the latest svn builds to run their everyday HTPC's. If I upload that file then a bunch of people are going to use it without thinking and maybe cause other problems that they don't connect as being related, then report those problems as resulting from the new SVN builds. That is going to slow progress.

The best bet would be to simply stick with beta 1.1 (at the most) and wait for the release candidate. If you really have to have it, and you want to test it, getting the file is easy enough - just use a client like Tortoise SVN to check out the specific build from the MediaPortal public source. You don't even need to compile it; the tsreader.ax file is part of the DirectShow filters package.

If you can't figure out how to even do that then you should probably wait until it gets fixed. Think of it as a slightly higher bar for testing - going through that process makes it more likely you'll at least have some idea what you are doing/testing :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom