MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: UnHandled .NET Error when watching a Video on multi-site

OK, I will post the logs ones I go home, but I had check the error.log and was emptly and mediaportal.log there was no error. Also when the .Net error shows up the video keeps playing so the only way to stop is to kill MP with the taskManager.
    Please also try to copy the entire error message (or write it down) and post it here, as it will probably give us a clue of what was wrong.

TvServer go to sleep automaticaly (I don't force a sleep), maybe this is the problem, that when you are watching a video from the local hard Drive, the TvClient Pluging response is not keep alive...because you are not using the tvclient at all.
    Do you have the PowerScheduler Client plugin enabled on the client? Without it, TVPlugin cannot communicate with the server side PowerScheduler plugin.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

OK, I will post the logs ones I go home, but I had check the error.log and was emptly and mediaportal.log there was no error. Also when the .Net error shows up the video keeps playing so the only way to stop is to kill MP with the taskManager.
    Please also try to copy the entire error message (or write it down) and post it here, as it will probably give us a clue of what was wrong.

TvServer go to sleep automaticaly (I don't force a sleep), maybe this is the problem, that when you are watching a video from the local hard Drive, the TvClient Pluging response is not keep alive...because you are not using the tvclient at all.
    Do you have the PowerScheduler Client plugin enabled on the client? Without it, TVPlugin cannot communicate with the server side PowerScheduler plugin.

No I don't have the PowerScheduler on the client I let windows do his job, I will put it, and test..

Just I note before the last changes on TvClien (for the New Hearbeat and Guide Speed up) I did not have this .NET Error.

Iosu

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

u need the powerscheduler client plugin... just enable inside MP and untick the suspend things.

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

No I don't have the PowerScheduler on the client I let windows do his job, I will put it, and test..

Just I note before the last changes on TvClien (for the New Hearbeat and Guide Speed up) I did not have this .NET Error.

Iosu

Just a small tip. When you want to copy the .NET error message, simply select the error window and press CTRL + V. This will copy all the text inside the window. Might save you some time :)

thegunzo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2008
    Sauðárkrókur
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

Hi team

On my Vista Home Premium I get an "out of memory" error when Caching graphics...

The MediaPortal.exe process goes up to 935.000 K in memory before the error appears.
    After shutdown I have to manually kill the MediaPortal.exe process.

Regards,
    Gunnar Gestsson

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

Here are the logs...

.NET unhandled error
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.AddActiveRecordings()
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.ProcessRecordings(DateTime preNotifySecs)
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager._timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Error en el nivel del transporte al recibir los resultados del servidor. (provider: Proveedor de TCP, error: 0 - Se agotó el tiempo de espera del semáforo.)

Full error log attached

Hope This helps.

This is without PowerScheduler Client plugin enabled.

Now I have enable the PWSC and will see if the TVServer computer goes to sleep

Thanks !
    Iosu

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006

Thank you! This release provides the smoothest HDTV experience so far! (Once i'd figured out that NVIDIA's 195.x drivers are bad on my setup) Works absolutely flawless in Vista :) But not at all in Win7, but no rush with that on my part as i have dual boot :p

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Here are the logs...

.NET unhandled error
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.AddActiveRecordings()
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.ProcessRecordings(DateTime preNotifySecs)
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager._timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Error en el nivel del transporte al recibir los resultados del servidor. (provider: Proveedor de TCP, error: 0 - Se agotó el tiempo de espera del semáforo.)
    This is normal. When TV Notifications are enabled the client asks periodically the server for the active recordings in order to pop up the required notifications (when a recording starts or when a program you want to watch is about to start), so the server needs to be awake.

This is without PowerScheduler Client plugin enabled.

Now I have enable the PWSC and will see if the TVServer computer goes to sleep
    If you have the PWS plugin on the server configured to go to sleep/hibernate, you also need the PWSC plugin on the client. It is not an option, this is the way it works.;)

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,
    - The grabber for Boxer, tvguide_boxer_se.xml, is missing in this SVN. It was also missing in previous SVN:s.
    Location: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\grabbers\SE

- This SVN is rather stable, the biggest problem is that MP hangs while stopping live TV in Home-screen (as reported by others). Stopping recorded tv and videos also sometimes makes MP hang. As I can recall the problem only occurs when the video is playing in a small section on the screen, lower left. I suppose this will be fixed in the next SVN with the new tsreader, the miracle-version :). Will post logs if the problem still occurs in next SVN.

br
    melstig

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom