MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

melstig

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
Umea
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

Hi,
I have a problem when using Dynamic Refresh Rate. When switching TV-channels often live tv just stops, see attached logs. As I can see it the problem occurs when switching channels from my Flyppy-DTVT to my Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T at time 2010-01-05 11:46:29.143625.

br
melstig

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,
    - The grabber for Boxer, tvguide_boxer_se.xml, is missing in this SVN. It was also missing in previous SVN:s.
    Location: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\grabbers\SE

tvguide_boxer_se was removed since that site don't list any end times. This means that the last program of every day will be several hours long. You can instead use svt_se and dagenstv_com which has all Boxer channels.

rhartinger

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2008

I have problems when MP wakes up from Standby. The timeshift didnt work everytime. When I make a restart it works perfect.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Re: UnHandled .NET Error when watching a Video on multi-site

Here are the logs...

.NET unhandled error
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.AddActiveRecordings()
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.ProcessRecordings(DateTime preNotifySecs)
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager._timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Error en el nivel del transporte al recibir los resultados del servidor. (provider: Proveedor de TCP, error: 0 - Se agotó el tiempo de espera del semáforo.)
    This is normal. When TV Notifications are enabled the client asks periodically the server for the active recordings in order to pop up the required notifications (when a recording starts or when a program you want to watch is about to start), so the server needs to be awake.

This is without PowerScheduler Client plugin enabled.

Now I have enable the PWSC and will see if the TVServer computer goes to sleep
    If you have the PWS plugin on the server configured to go to sleep/hibernate, you also need the PWSC plugin on the client. It is not an option, this is the way it works.;)

ok, I agree with you, but the unhanled .NET should be fixed, don't you think?? :)

Thanks
    Iosu

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Here are the logs...

.NET unhandled error
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.AddActiveRecordings()
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager.ProcessRecordings(DateTime preNotifySecs)
    en TvPlugin.TvNotifyManager._timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Error en el nivel del transporte al recibir los resultados del servidor. (provider: Proveedor de TCP, error: 0 - Se agotó el tiempo de espera del semáforo.)
    This is normal. When TV Notifications are enabled the client asks periodically the server for the active recordings in order to pop up the required notifications (when a recording starts or when a program you want to watch is about to start), so the server needs to be awake.

This is without PowerScheduler Client plugin enabled.

Now I have enable the PWSC and will see if the TVServer computer goes to sleep
    If you have the PWS plugin on the server configured to go to sleep/hibernate, you also need the PWSC plugin on the client. It is not an option, this is the way it works.;)

ok, I agree with you, but the unhanled .NET should be fixed, don't you think?? :)

Thanks
    Iosu

Yep, it should just be logged in the error.log, not popup and ask you to end MP.

Dialin

Portal Member
    January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi there,

there just occured a new error for me with this SVN. When I put 20 and more files into the playlist there is a great chance that after about 10 correct played videos the next one starts with the first frame freezed. This happens to every videofile that stands in the list after the freezed one. A restart resolves the Problem for a time. Also skipping forth and back does the trick. I will try to pin the problem down and give some more details.

TheThunder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

@ Dialin
    maybe its a problem with the matroska splitter and/or saf? maybe you can run it in window mode and check if in the Infoarea (next to the clock) more and more Matroska Icons appear. In this SVN-version they dont close correctly as i read in another thread with similiar problems.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

Thanks
    Iosu

Yep, it should just be logged in the error.log, not popup and ask you to end MP.

can you add it to mantis ? I don't know how is the procedure..

Thanks!
    Iosu

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

Thnx to the devs for this release!

It ran very stable for about 2 weeks. W7 standbymode gave absolutely no problems. Then a started pushing my luck ofcourse. I had problems finding all channels with a complete transponderlist. Searching a single frequency did find additional channels. Nothing new, because this was the same in previous releases. It was however easier to do with this release, while the setup remained stable.

Then I altered a transponderlist in my final attempt to find one missing channel... I was then immediately struck by the unable to start graph message. The system became unstable. At first only after exiting MP to do other work and immediately after; at random after waking from standby or even after a reboot.

i have had this with previous releases as well, but was never able to mentally connect this to a sequence of events. A clean install of mediaportal (and server full cleanup) and reproducing the sequence confirmed this on my system. Altering a transponderlist and performing a second full search ( in effect updating channels but not all?) makes TVserver on my system unstable.

I checked the logs but nothing showed in the er.ror logs but an event : unable to start graph. I planned to provide complete logs but was to fast with the full cleanup I don't plan to reproduce again, but if i do i will provide full logs

Don't know if this helps anybody and if this is a wrong place to report: excuse.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia

Crash on radio channel change (not specific to this SVN)
    Everytime I try to change radio channel, MP crsahes.
    If I stop the existing channel first, I can then select another one and play it fine.

Attachments

• Crash on radio channel change.zip
      30.7 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom