MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

As reported earlier I sometimes get MP freeze.

Now I had expected 2 BSOD when coming out of standby. I didn't gget this before. Here are the logs and a minidump.

BSOD are always caused by either HW or drivers, not by a software.

Laverne

Portal Pro
    August 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As reported earlier I sometimes get MP freeze.

Now I had expected 2 BSOD when coming out of standby. I didn't gget this before. Here are the logs and a minidump.

BSOD are always caused by either HW or drivers, not by a software.

Sorry but i´ve to inform you that you can produce BSODs easily with bad directshow filter. I had one. If added to the graph, BSOD!

PS: You can BSOD a windows server via the command crashdump connected to that server on a serial Terminal :D

Walzing

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008

Yes - i Know. I have loaded the dump to windbg and Found the cause in technotrend Driver. But i haven't got this bald before. And After getting some freezes in MP with this svn I thought it might Be interessting.

Cu
    walzing

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Sorry but i´ve to inform you that you can produce BSODs easily with bad directshow filter. I had one. If added to the graph, BSOD!

In that case the directshow filter is just triggering a bug in drivers. User mode code cannot cause a full system crash, to do so it requires either buggy code in OS (kernel) or the drivers.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Yes - i Know. I have loaded the dump to windbg and Found the cause in technotrend Driver. But i haven't got this bald before. And After getting some freezes in MP with this svn I thought it might Be interessting.

Please ask the manufacturer to fix their broken driver :)

Walzing

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008

Hi

As i didn't had this Problem before i replace the Card with my technisat skystar hd2.

Cu
    walzing

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thanks for this christmas present. :)

Installed the SVN last night (multiseat) and TV does not work on the HTPC. On the server where the TV-card is present the TV works although the channel change is a bit slower than previous versions. On the HTPC I get the "Connection to TV server lost" after trying to turn on the TV. If I use the host name instead of the IP adress in the configuration I can't get a connection at all, even though windows can access shares using the host name.

I will try to figure this out and post a real post with attached logs etc. if necessary. I am just curious if I missed anything since everyone else got the TV feature working, or perhaps you guys are on singleseat's installations?

This may be the same problem I had. The new install did not correctly update the Windows firewall entries to allow MySQL and onther MP stuff through (see post just above). To test - Try turning the firewall off on the TVServer machine.
    I

I will try that although I updated a previous svn (and installation) that worked before. I don't see how the firewall could have changed settings just by adding this svn, unless other new ports are needed? :confused:

I will post the result when I am back home and have tried this. Thanks.

/FreeFrag

Smash

Portal Member
    November 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I get a critical error at startup and then MP just closes.
    Got the StreamedMP and the newest MP and MPTV-series installed. (The error comes also using default skin)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SVN works for me but a little bit slower channel changes

Hi,

I just want to share my experiences with this SVN build.

First, I had terrible channel changing issues with my single seat setup after installing this SVN. :confused:
    After reading through the posts, I found out that RTSP streaming could wronly be activated which shouldn't be the case for single seat...
    I then opened MP config with the debug options switched on ("Configuration.exe /DebugOptions") and unter the TV section --> Debug Options I found that the "Force RTSP" option was checked (I haven't done this by myself!!!). I unchecked it and boooom now I have a very stable channel changing! However, it is a little bit slower than before.

Summary:
    - Cyberlink 7.3 Codecs for MPEG2 and H.264
    - MPA codec for audio
    - "Force RTSP" switched off manually
    - Channel change is stable, for SD --> SD, SD --> HD, HD --> HD, HD --> SD
    - Channel change is slower compared to the last SVN (30.11.) + TsReader from Beta 1 (SD --> SD used to be 2-3 seconds, now it is 4 seconds)!

However, in general, the TsReader changes seem to be good! Very good job tourettes!!! (and team) :D:D:D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

today i had two times freezed live tv picture. OSD was still responding but no picture. Also evr.log and tsreader.log were still alive. I had this on TWO different clients. Stopping and starting livetv fixed it.

Please test with same SVN revision on server and client (most likely TsReader only issue, but still...). Also please test with vanilla SVN code.

2009-12-27 21:37:20.301215 [ERROR][MPMain]: TvPlugin and TvServer don't have the same version.
    TvServer Version: 1.0.4.24585
    TvPlugin Version: 1.0.4.24543

27-12-2009 22:19:35.123 [668]-------------- Disaster TsReader v1.1.7 ----------------

Also please note that disabling RTSP in multiseat is not officially supported. If the issue happens as well with the vanilla SVn build, then please repost the logs.

This has also happened with my other client which was running the same SVN as the server. I'll try to reproduce with vanilla SVN - sorry for posting my logs - but as i haven't any modifications regarding that part i thought they might help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom