MediaPortal Tray Launcher (1 Viewer)

Andreas Schneider

Portal Pro
August 6, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, I did it.

I can't see any record of the green start button in the view window. I can see that the number-buttons are working and some other buttons but not the green button. Also Play/Pause/Record doesn't effect any record. All these buttons are working properly if Mediaportal is already started.
What's trapping some of the signals?

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hmm, I would assume that your remote isn't correctly recognized by your operating system, resulting in a bad/incomplete keys mapping...BUT you previously said that you were able to launch Windows Media Center by using this same remote, SO the green start button is usable by your system.

Are you using any software that would been supposed to manage your remote and that could interfere with MPTray Launcher? Like Intelliremote, EventGhost , IR Server Suite or something like that? Are your drivers up to date and any software filled with your remote installed correctly?

I saw on your System Specs page that you have more than one computer. What about trying on another one, just to see?

Andreas Schneider

Portal Pro
August 6, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same result with another computer.
I never used EventGhost or similiar software on this computer. The remote control works fine when mediaportal is launched. But not with MP Tray. No entry in AutoHotkey.

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I'm afraid that for now I'm unable to help you to get MPTray Launcher to work properly with your remote. It seems that AutoHotkey is unable to catch the green button action or that some other software is interferring with it.

I apologize for any inconvenience. :(

Andreas Schneider

Portal Pro
August 6, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
No problem. I tried the original MP Tray and that works fine. It's OK for me to use this.

If you would like me to do some tests to improve your software then let me know.

Thank you very much for your help!

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi SolykZ,

my problem is to get MP into focus again with my remote.

I am using a Zalman HD160XT case which has an integrated remote control + IR-receiver and a special control software ("MPaly.Zini") which translates the received IR-commands to either virtual keystrokes (up to 3) or directly starting exe-files even with parameters.
    So it is not MCE-compatible but a dedicated solution from Zalman even though it can simulate all MCE functions.

I am having a multi-monitor setup where MP is running on a separate gfx-card in an extended windowa-desktop, so I can not use the option "Keep MediaPortal always on top" in the configuration because I am often working on the main windows desktop parallel to watching TV with MP.

But I have problems bringing back MP to focus with the remote control.
    So is there either a combination of key-strokes or a simple exe-file (with parameters) for forcing MP back into focus?

Kind regards

Roger

SolykZ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2013
    Mons
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Roger! :)

Are you able to give MediaPortal focus when MPTray Launcher isn't launched?

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My problem is not so much if MPTray is running or not (though it seems to be a bit more consistent to bring MP into focus by clicking on the MP taskbar icon when MPTray is not running).

But I don't want to bring MP into focus again by clicking on the taskbar but with my remote.
    The problem here is to find a suitable key-combination or exe-file for my remote-control software ("MPLay-Tini") to bring MP into focus again.
    I think MPTray itself can't do that because my IR-remote isn't MCE compatible.

You must be an expert in this because you were able to write/modify the MPTray-launcher extension:)

Kind regards

Roger

SolykZ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2013
    Mons
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I didn't modify anything, I wrote my own script and I'm sorry to disappoint you but its code is quietly simple. :)

The keystroke for launching MediaPortal (or WMC) is ALT+WIN+ENTER. Here, MediaPortal gets the focus if I use that keystroke when already launched.

I think that in your case the simplest solution is to remove any launcher except the one supplied with your remote control and to set the given keystroke to your "Green Button" key.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Green Button of my remote itself doesn't help because I have to tell my control software, which keystrokes or exe it will exexute when the Green Button is pressed.
    I will try to assign ALT+WIN+ENTER to the Green Button and see if it works with that key combination.
    If I understand you right then ALT+WIN+ENTER gives MP focus again when MP is already running.

Kind regards
    Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom