MediaPortal Tray Launcher (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know this hasn't been updated in a long time (such a shame), but it's not working on Windows 10 for me. Green button does nothing. Anyone else confirm this?
    It is working fine for me in Win 10 Pro x64 with Hama/Ortec generic(cheap) MCE remote:). The std. tray launcher did not work. Make sure you disable the auto restart before installing then re-enable it afterwards, the tray launcher icon should then appear, point the mouse at it and it should say "Media Tray Launcher .04". If you have multiple accounts you may need to disable/re-enable the autostart in each account on the PC.
    Hope that helps

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm guessing if MPtray would can launch two separate script (batch, autoit script, powershell script, exe ...) to execute some action before start Media Portal and after its close

It would be fine because I've a script created to AutoIT to perform some action such as select the Hdmi audio device , switch the monitor (plasma from secondary to main) and return to original setup

Now I've to use LMremote or Intelliremote only to handle the green buttom because Media Portal work great with MCE remote using HID generic device support)

And those softwares have some problems with new Windows 10 builds (Redstone that become offical next Tuesday)

Thanks

jakeb16

September 13, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi all, I'm new to media portal. I was wondering if the MP tray download link works for anyone else I am seeing a 404 error. Additionally is this needed for both Media portal 1 and 2? Or does it only work with 1?
    Never mind, it looks like it is supposed to be built into MP2

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all, I'm new to media portal. I was wondering if the MP tray download link works for anyone else I am seeing a 404 error. Additionally is this needed for both Media portal 1 and 2? Or does it only work with 1?
    Never mind, it looks like it is supposed to be built into MP2
    I'm seeing 404 also, looks like the developers website is gone, A copy of the program has been posted in this thread on Page 5 (2nd from bottom) so you can get it from there. Please note this version replaces the regular tray launcher with one that works with the Ortek/Hama/Auvisio remote, I use it on MP1, not sure it works with MP2. I always get an error after running the installer and clicking on finish, just click OK and don't forget to enable it in the confog. program.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please note this version replaces the regular tray launcher with one that works with the Ortek/Hama/Auvisio remote,
    I also use the Ortek/Hama remote with MP1, but I use an AutoHotKey script to start MP1 from the desktop (via the START button on the Ortek/Hama). The advantage of AutoHotKey is that it is possible to do several other things too, to address some of the quirks in the Ortek/Hama.

It would be simple to change the AutoHotKey script to start MP2 instead of MP1, but I am not sure whether the Ortek/Hama remote works with MP2. It did not previously, but I have a vague recollection that one of the MP2 developers or users investigated it earlier this year, and perhaps got something working.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys im in desperate need of your help, im having to do a reinstall of MP and thought i had everything i needed from the first time round but seems to me im missing the MPTray Launcher MPI. I'm wondering if anyone has it that can post it here, as it seems its been taken down cant get it anywhere.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A copy of the program has been posted in this thread on Page 5 (2nd from bottom) so you can get it from there. Please note this version replaces the regular tray launcher with one that works with the Ortek/Hama/Auvisio remote, I use it on MP1, not sure it works with MP2. I always get an error after running the installer and clicking on finish, just click OK and don't forget to enable it in the config. program.

It is still there, page 5 (2nd post from bottom) hasn't been moved or deleted and downloads OK!:p

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    see attached v0.0.0.4

cheers

thanx a bunch, stupid me after doing some more research i fount that its now built into MP1 and i had to change a setting to get it to work. thanx again and sorry for the waste of time ill keep it anyway just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom