MediaPortal Tray Launcher (1 Viewer)

Thane

Portal Member
March 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello!

A few weeks ago, I wrote a small utility to allow my remote to start MediaPortal with the big green button. The default utility was not able to do with my remote.

My tool is on the plugins repository, and I'd ask you to test it. I'd like to know in which cases it operates, with which remote controls, etc..

Could you help me to improve it, please?

Thank you!
[DOUBLEPOST=1382799981][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello!

A few weeks ago, I wrote a small utility to allow my remote to start MediaPortal with the big green button. The default utility was not able to do with my remote.

My tool is on the plugins repository, and I'd ask you to test it. I'd like to know in which cases it operates, with which remote controls, etc..

Could you help me to improve it, please?

Thank you!

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 followed by a fresh install of MediaPortal. Tray Launcher worked fine on my prior Windows 7 but, alas, my harmony one remote won't start using the green button with my new install. I've tried with MMC disabled in Mediaportal config and with MMC removed from within Windows 7. No dice.

I'm starting now with bat file I put in the Start directory. Directions below for anyone looking for a work-around when you can't get Tray Launcher to work for you:

BAt File has two lines:
@echo off
Start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" MediaPortal.exe

I saved it to the Start menu C Users HB Appdata Roaming Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch User Pinned Start menu

I created a sequence on Harmony ONe and assigned that to a custom button "Media On" - the sequence is:

Start
M
P
Enter

Tip: I had to add the mce keyboard as a device to my action to have access to the commands (letters and start).

That said, I wish I could get Tray Launcher working. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Go to "Additional 3rd Party Checks"
    there is the check-box for MP Tray

Cheers

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed this (by accident as the default tray launcher worked) and MePo wouldn't start with the green button. I am using official MS receiver and remote. I uninstalled the plugin but the service remains installed? Should uninstalling the plugin remove the service? I'm confused to exactly what is running - this plugin or what comes default with MePo.

In the system tray I see Mediaportal Tray Launcher 0.3 even after uninstall and reboot.

Thanks

SolykZ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2013
    Mons
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello there,

I pushed a new update to MediaPortal Tray Launcher. This update helps to reduce the program memory print. I added a script that saves the original MPTray excutable during the installation of this plugin. I also updated the URLs to point out to my new domain name (I had some problems with my free .tk domain).

Regards,
    Chris.

Thane

Portal Member
    March 9, 2013
    Home Country
    I installed the update but I still can't get Tray Launcher to work for me. I'm using the workaround I outlined in my earlier post to launch with a bat file using my harmony one remote but I would much prefer to get Tray Launcher working. It looks like Windows 7 is just not passing through the green button to Tray Launcher. After I start Mediaportal the remote works fine. Any ideas what is blocking the signal getting to Tray Launcher? Some kind of conflict? I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Device managers says I'm using Microsoft ehome Infrared transciever.

SolykZ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2013
    Mons
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I installed the update but I still can't get Tray Launcher to work for me. I'm using the workaround I outlined in my earlier post to launch with a bat file using my harmony one remote but I would much prefer to get Tray Launcher working. It looks like Windows 7 is just not passing through the green button to Tray Launcher. After I start Mediaportal the remote works fine. Any ideas what is blocking the signal getting to Tray Launcher? Some kind of conflict? I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Device managers says I'm using Microsoft ehome Infrared transciever.

I don't really have a clue, sorry. Check for any software that could intercept the key press or something.
    What does the WIN+ALT+ENTER shortcut on your system, with MPTray launched?

Thane

Portal Member
    March 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Win+Alt+Enter does start mediaportal.

Any config settings I should check in mp?

SolykZ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2013
    Mons
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Win+Alt+Enter does start mediaportal.
    Any config settings I should check in mp?

Win+ALT+ENTER is the default shortcut to Windows Media Center software (and related replacement, like MediaPortal, if configured so). The problem here seems to be that your green start button don't send that exact shortcut, or that another software is catching it before MPTray receives it. Did you check that if any software could intercept or modify your remote key presses?

I'd like you to try something else. Open the properties of any shortcut and on the Shortcut tab, give the focus to the Shortcut key input box then press the Green Button of your remote. I wonder if the input box gives something. If so, please tell me what exactly. :)

Thane

Portal Member
    March 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Nothing shows up in the shortcut key input box when I press the Green Button. I tried creating a shortcut key with Win+alt+enter but it just started mediaportal but didn't create an entry in the shortcut key input box.
    How would I go about checking if any software could intercept or modify key presses?

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom