MediaPortal Tray Launcher (2 Viewers)

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I created a sequence on Harmony ONe

I suppose so that you've got at least one software that is able to deal with your remote. Since the issue isn't related to MPTray (you've been able to launch MP using WIN+ALT+ENTER shortcut), I can't help you. Unfortunately, I don't have such a remote and I've no idea which softwares you're using on your computer.

However, you could find some help on the remotes forums. Good luck! :)

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
pretty much in the center
Home Country
Germany Germany
I installed this (by accident as the default tray launcher worked) and MePo wouldn't start with the green button. I am using official MS receiver and remote. I uninstalled the plugin but the service remains installed? Should uninstalling the plugin remove the service? I'm confused to exactly what is running - this plugin or what comes default with MePo.

In the system tray I see Mediaportal Tray Launcher 0.3 even after uninstall and reboot.

Thanks

Hey everybody,

Yesterday I made the exact same "mistake".
I updated some Plugins and found this extension. Because of the name I thought it was an updated version of the original tray extension... Boy was I wrong :-(
Now I'm unable to start MP with my green button(s) (original MCE remote, cheap knockoff, imon all working beforehand)...

So please SolykZ is there anyway to revert this and use the original built-in tray launcher?!?!?!?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Anthrax

PS: As Ackbar would put it: It's a trap!

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
So please SolykZ is there anyway to revert this and use the original built-in tray launcher?!?!?!?
Simply uninstall the plugin then rename MPTray.bak > MPTray.exe in the MePo installation directory. Like I previously said, the last update adds the ability to automatically backup the original executable.

I don't get why people keep saying that the plugin don't work but don't help to understand why and solve the problem.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What do you need to debug, I can reinstall it if you like.

Basically I had an official Microsoft MCE USB IR receiver and official MS MCE remote and with this plugin installed the button doesn't start MePo..
    Using the default MePo tray launcher everything is fine without any configuration required.

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    pretty much in the center
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello SolykZ,

I'm sorry if I came across mean. I should have elaborated a bit more.
    The problem I see with your extension is that though it fixes your remote it breaks other peoples remotes...
    Therefore the design choice to overwrite the default MPtray.exe functionality (it's a core feature of MP) with a completely different (or is this based on the original sources?) .exe that breaks the experience for some is questionable.

Have you considered giving it another name (i.e. type/brand of remote as hint) and let people install it seperately without overwriting the original MPtray?

regads
    Anthrax

the_scotsman

Portal Member
    June 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Bump - does anyone have a copy of the installation file? The host site has been down for a while now. Hopefully someone has a copy.

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Here is the file
    mrj

Attachments

• mediaportal-tray-launcher.zip
      427.5 KB

the_scotsman

Portal Member
    June 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I know this hasn't been updated in a long time (such a shame), but it's not working on Windows 10 for me. Green button does nothing. Anyone else confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom