MediaPortal Tray Launcher (3 Viewers)

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello there.

I did not come here for a long time, I switched from MePo to Plex since I didn't want to keep a full computer next to my TV. Plex client on a Pi is fast as hell. My website's also moved somewhere else and the new one don't provide anything related to MePo since I don't use it anymore.

However, you'll find in attachments the last usable version for MePo 1.x and the source code for the AutoHotkey script. Feel free to do what you want with these. :)

Regards,
Chris.

Attachments

• mediaportal-tray-launcher.mpe1
    427.3 KB
  • MPTray 0.5.ahk.zip
    1.8 KB

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm if this feature is still working.....I'm now in 1.26Pre....?
I can see the MP Tray Launch icon....and have enabled Autostart in 'Additional 3rd Party checks' page....but Green button start MP not working!
Am I missing something please??

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I can see the MP Tray Launch icon....and have enabled Autostart in 'Additional 3rd Party checks' page....but Green button start MP not working!
    Strange that you should mention this. I was testing MP 1.26p yesterday, and MP would not start from the desktop using an MCE remote control. The spinning disk appeared for a second or two, but nothing else happened. (This was using Windows 7.)

I thought that perhaps I needed to reboot, so I did that. But after Windows had restarted, MP would not start from the desktop the first time that I tried to start it via the remote, but it did start subsequently. :confused:

I did not test this further, and perhaps I did something that caused it to start working. I may have started MP via the desktop shortcut using a mouse, and perhaps that reset something that allowed MpTray to work subsequently.

Try experimenting, and see if you can identify a sequence of actions that causes MpTray to work (this might give a clue as to the source of the problem).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    .........Try experimenting, and see if you can identify a sequence of actions that causes MpTray to work (this might give a clue as to the source of the problem).

Seems like we aren't at the same page here....I can't get the remote working...full stop!!!
    FWIW...the remote is an Emprex 3009 MCE....and has worked with earlier versions of MP.
    Noticed some time ago...that it also wasn't working with MP 1.25 either...but have just got round to trying to fix today.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I can't get the remote working...full stop!!!
    From looking on the web, the Emprex is a radio-frequency (RF) remote control, and not an infra-red (IR) remote control. I would therefore guess that it is sending WMC keyboard shortcuts, and not the dedicated WMC signals sent by a WMC IR remote control.

The problem with sending WMC keyboard shortcuts is that many of them differ from MP keyboard shortcuts. So many of the buttons don't work.

I use the Ortek/Hama remote control, and that also sends WMC keyboard shortcuts. To make it work with MP it is necessary to use the "Centarea HID" plus the AutoHotKey tool. I don't know whether the "Centarea HID" will work with the Emprex, but it is definitely worth trying. Read this thread, and download the "Centarea HID" support pack from there.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can anyone confirm if this feature is still working.....I'm now in 1.26Pre....?
    Yes it is still working, I have just installed it and from a non-admin (i.e. No AutoHotkey functionality for the "Centarea HID") the icon appears and I set the box in 3rd Party checks, hit the green button on my Ortek remote and MP started up. Prior to installing it the green button was not working. That is with Win 10 2004 and MP 1.26pre.

Seems like we aren't at the same page here....I can't get the remote working...full stop!!!
    If you are getting nothing out of the remote then it looks to me like it is something else, driver or even hardware failure and batteries. I tried an Emprex RF remote ages ago and from memory it worked out of the box much the same as the Ortek i.e. not fully compatible with MP, but close. I can't remember if the green button function worked with the Tray Launcher plugin but suspect it did. I dumped it because I experienced long delays in response to button presses where the Ortek is instantaneous. I looked it out to give it a try but I had left the batteries in and they have leaked and it is completely corroded, sorry.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom