MediaPortal TV Client (Standalone) - Beta release (2 Viewers)

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    All,

One other bug.. not sure it's related to this program.. I get a TV Server exception in the error.log when I change channels.. (thus I can not change channels without restarting the TV Server)

Has anyone else seen this?

2009-04-15 15:28:16.103625 [16]: Controller: Error on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles
    2009-04-15 15:28:16.103625 [16]: Controller: Error on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles
    2009-04-15 15:28:16.181750 [RTSP Streaming thread]: Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamRun()
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.workerThread()

2009-04-15 15:30:33.416125 [11]: Controller: Error on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles
    2009-04-15 15:30:33.416125 [11]: Controller: Error on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles
    2009-04-15 15:30:33.431750 [RTSP Streaming thread]: Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamRun()
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.workerThread()

Thanks
    erosco

Phunky

Portal Member
    July 19, 2007
    Sorry for some reason i had it in my head that this was an extension of VLC itself, not an actual stand alone app that "uses" VLC.

Would love to use this but moved over to OSX :(

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi. i can get the player to open and connect fine. it even changes the channels but i dont get any video just the vlc logo in the center of the window. i've attached a screenshot. any help would be great. thanks.
    ScreenShot.jpg

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very nice!! Can you make it so you can use VLC Portable? I do get the same error as boozelclark though. Changing channels gives me a VLC logo, changing back to the channel I had on on startup works.

Could you make an option for "window always on top"? And maybe a superslim window? Something like the screenshot I made in *ahem* paint *ahem*.

Edit: I just upgraded by TV Server to 1.1.0 and now the TV client doesn't work anymore :(

Attachments

• TV Client.png
      TV Client.png
      135.4 KB

Atreidez

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can't believe I didn't find this client earlier. Works great here, and have no problems at all! :)

Does anyone know the VLC option text for changing audiostream? I sometimes like to change my default language to another audiostream on the same channel.

RonnieB

Portal Member
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Edit: I just upgraded by TV Server to 1.1.0 and now the TV client doesn't work anymore :(

The new version of tvserver uses a mysql database by default, and it looks like tvplayer tries to connect to a ms-sql server only.

We will prolly have to wait for tvplayer to be able to communicate with a mysql database.

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have this client running on a Vista machine perfectly, however after installing onto an EEE Top ASUS Windows Home machine, I cannot even get the program to start. Does anyone have the minimum requirements to run this client i.e. .NET version etc?

An installation of MediaPortal in client mode works perfectly on the EEE Top as does the other MP TV Client. So it has to be related to supporting software. Unfortunately I cannot locate any logs from this program to help in understanding why the program will not start up at all.

Cheers Mike

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

The new version of tvserver uses a mysql database by default, and it looks like tvplayer tries to connect to a ms-sql server only.

We will prolly have to wait for tvplayer to be able to communicate with a mysql database.

can someone or the developer fix the database issue? maybe add a menu to config database access.

i am downloading the sourcecode but small chances i know how to do it.

:D

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've downloaded the source and want to change the connection, BUT i don't have reference for the "TVcontrol", "TVDatabase" and "TVLibrary.Interface" ??

For the references to the Gentle.Framework i've downloading this framework, but for TVControl and so on i dont find anything ?!?

Without i can not change the project :-(

I've found the resources! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom